Notes from the Manager
Okay, so if you're not at all familiar with the new Bond movie, you might not get that what Jason and Kurt are doing is freerunning through the theater. The first action sequence in Casino Royale is an exhilirating chase between freerunner Sebastien Foucan and Bond (Daniel Craig). Check out the trailers for a few glimpses. For that matter, the whole movie is terrific, if a little tiny bit slow near the end, where the filmmakers needed to shoehorn a semi-believable bit of romance in too little time and came up a bit long. (It was a double-edged sword; I'm just saying.) Anyway. Loved the movie, particularly Daniel Craig's "stone cold killer" take on Bond (to quote my friend Pete), which bodes well for the future of the franchise.
The trailer for Zodiac, which preceded my Bond screening, was also pretty stunning. It looks like it's got a hell of a lot stronger story than David Fincher's last effort, the slick, glorified B-movie Panic Room. I am hyped.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Friday, August 15, 2014
There’s no telling how the film will turn out, but the trailer for The Theory of Everything impressed me by having a respectably balanced focus on both the life of Stephen Hawking (and relationship with his first wife) and the work he is so admired for, unlike so many other film biographies of so-called Great Men.
James Marsh (Man on Wire) directs Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones in the November 7th release.
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3