Notes from the Manager
True facts! The premise being impossible isn’t the worst of The Martian’s problems, though. It doesn’t bother me at all. What does drag down The Martian just a bit is that despite Drew Goddard being the sole credited screenwriter, the movie feels kind of spoon-fed to me at every turn. As a hard (as in realistic) science fiction nerd and gets tired of how science gets portrayed in too many movies, there’s still a lot for me to love about The Martian, but constant exposition pulls me out of a movie.
If Ridley Scott ever has an itch to make an hour longer, more pensive cut of the film, though, I’m so there.
But wait! There’s more!
Although Multiplex will be ending soon, thanks to readers like you on Patreon, the Multiplex 10 will stay open for business! I’ll be posting bonus comics from future print collections, Multiplex Movie Review strips, updates on the upcoming Multiplex animated short, and, of course, other non-Multiplex stuff.
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, March 16, 2017
A brand spanking new eBook collecting all twenty-nine Multiplex Movie Reviews to date is now available via Gumroad. It’s priced at $1.99 and includes a bunch of strips never posted to the Multiplex site and previously only available to Kickstarter backers and Patreon patrons. Some of them are even funny!
Other Recent Posts
- Mae Volume One is now available… and I have a comic in it!
- Multiplex: The Revenge final cover
- Multiplex: Chapter 15 — and the full Book Three eBook set — are now available!
- Production on Book Three is winding down
- Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available!
- “Autobiography” (excerpt)
- Multiplex will be back on Monday
- Multiplex: Chapter 13 is now available!
- Multiplex: Chapter 12 is now available!
- The Sessions: Voice Acting in Anime and Video Games