Notes from the Manager
This strip ran longer than expected, and I’m tied up with my fiancée’s graduation stuff this weekend, so Monday’s strip will likely be late. (Sorry!) Nah, it'll be on time.
Although I’ve officially finished my MFA, I’m scrambling to get my assistantships finished up so I can get back on Book Three (sorry, Kickstarter and Patreon!) and a large freelance project that have been getting sidelined for too long.
“Percentage rent” is a common practice in retail, mainly with larger businesses. It means the landlord/building owners get a percentage of sales instead of a flat rate, typically 7%. Sometimes the business owners will give up a smaller percentage and pay a base rent as well; it varies.
Oh, “Kirk” here is a reader: Kirk Damman. He previously appeared as a zombie in Book Six, but this (I think?) is his first real appearance. Thanks for being a Book Three backer, Kirk!
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Hello! If you’re in the area, come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia with Phil Kahn of Guilded Age. We’ll be at Booth 1702. NOTE: I will only be there from June 2–4. No Thursday preview for me.
(Here’s a floor plan for your planning pleasure.)
If you use the coupon code GUILDED, you can get 20% off your advanced ticket orders.
I will have copies of the brand-spankin’-new, not-even-officially-released Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) in tow, draw sketches (for monies), and if my iPad has any juice in it, I’ll show you some behind the scenes stuff from the Multiplex 10 short, too.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex