Notes from the Manager
Not to keep plugging my MFA thesis project, but there’s a fantastic quote from Joseph N. Weber, president of the American Federation of Musicians in 1928, while discussing the emerging sound film technology. “We want it understood that we are not opposing scientific progress. Argument is scarcely required to establish that canned music—however, perfect the reproduction—cannot approach the genuine article. Music is dependent for its quality upon the mood of the artist. The public will not be allowed to realize this. What we fear is that this form of entertainment will be patronized as a novelty and thus will gradually transplant real music in theatres.… If someone will justly supply a robot to operate the projection machine, these owners will install coin turnstiles at their theatre doors, and let their queer museums work while they sleep.” (emphasis added)
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Chapter 16 collects strips #339 –362 from the Multiplex archives, plus four bonus comics and one “extended scene” not found in the archives! Chapter 16 costs $1.99.
Supporting the Multiplex chapter eBooks helps make future Multiplex print collections possible. Thank you for your support!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex: The Revenge is now available!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason