Notes from the Manager
So I saw Zodiac, and I really liked it. In fact, I like it more and more as I keep turning it over and over in my head. I'm tempted to see it again while it's still in the theaters, just to take it in on a technical level, since I was "distracted" by having to follow the entire, fascinating story this first time around.
Phenomenal cast, terrifically (and atypically) understated direction from David Fincher, and -- in my apparently somewhat unusual opinion -- not a second wasted in its 2:40 running time. I'd talk about it a bit more here, but I think we're going to be talking about Zodiac on the Triple Feature talkcast tonight... I should probably talk to the boys about it.
EDIT: Incidentally, for those in the dark, the line is from Dirty Harry, which was very loosely based on the Zodiac murders. So the two films are two very very different approaches to more or less the same subject matter.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Hello! If you’re in the area, come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia with Phil Kahn of Guilded Age. We’ll be at Booth 1702. NOTE: I will only be there from June 2–4. No Thursday preview for me.
(Here’s a floor plan for your planning pleasure.)
If you use the coupon code GUILDED, you can get 20% off your advanced ticket orders.
I will have copies of the brand-spankin’-new, not-even-officially-released Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) in tow, draw sketches (for monies), and if my iPad has any juice in it, I’ll show you some behind the scenes stuff from the Multiplex 10 short, too.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex