Notes from the Manager
So I saw Zodiac, and I really liked it. In fact, I like it more and more as I keep turning it over and over in my head. I'm tempted to see it again while it's still in the theaters, just to take it in on a technical level, since I was "distracted" by having to follow the entire, fascinating story this first time around.
Phenomenal cast, terrifically (and atypically) understated direction from David Fincher, and -- in my apparently somewhat unusual opinion -- not a second wasted in its 2:40 running time. I'd talk about it a bit more here, but I think we're going to be talking about Zodiac on the Triple Feature talkcast tonight... I should probably talk to the boys about it.
EDIT: Incidentally, for those in the dark, the line is from Dirty Harry, which was very loosely based on the Zodiac murders. So the two films are two very very different approaches to more or less the same subject matter.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Monday, July 7, 2014
The second trailer for David Fincher’s Gone Girl is pretty damned great:
Gone Girl opens on October 3, 2014.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3
- Trailer Watch: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes final trailer
- Trailer Watch: Guardians of the Galaxy UK trailer