Notes from the Manager
Ta-dah! New website, sort of. With some help from my User Experience consultant -- a.k.a. my friend Taylor Regan of UXInvestigations -- I whipped up a new face for the Multiplex site. A lot of it is still more or less the same, but the site is, I think, a lot more streamlined and attractive.
• The header/menu has been fancied up and de-advertised. I'll let you discover the other new thing about it on your own, because I think it's pretty neat.
• I've removed and rearranged a lot of the buttons in the sidebar in order to cut down on Taylor called a "NASCAR effect" on the right side of the page.
• The MySpace and Facebook buttons on the side now link to the Multiplex group for each of those websites, respectively. (If you want to friend me at MySpace or Facebook, you're still welcome to, of course! I just moved those links onto the About page.)
I'm also working with my big brother Lawrence (who has apparently just bought a TV) to add a couple more minor functions to the site in the coming weeks, all aimed at making the website a little cleaner and the comic easier than ever to fall in love with -- and to share with your friends.
Anyway, I hope you dig the new site. Please let me know if you find any bugs or broken links. And, as always, thanks for reading!
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, March 29, 2015
I want to take a foray into electronic publishing.
I am looking for a (prose) writer to provide a short story, novella or non-fiction story that I will turn into an iBooks-formatted eBook for sale (in the iBookstore), released under my Chase Sequence publishing imprint. Chase Sequence published Multiplex: There and Back Again, which won the 2014 IPBA Gold Medal for Best Graphic Novel/Drawn Book–Humor/Cartoon, so technically it is an award-winning publisher.
There is no limitation with regard to genre, but I will say that my taste in prose leans strongly toward literary fiction and non-fiction, and toward characters, psychology, and well-written prose over plot. (Margaret Atwood is my favorite writer.)
What to Submit: A pitch for a 30+ page, prose short story/novella/non-fiction piece. No comics — no picture books. If you have already written the short story, great, but it must be previously unpublished. Please include links or URLs to a resumé and examples of previous published work would be helpful, to give me a feel for your voice.
Send questions (or submissions) to gordon at multiplexcomic.com.
The Terms: No money up front, but 50% of the cover price in exchange for one year of exclusivity (from the date of publication). The writer retains all other rights to their story. These will be sold via iBooks only (at least at first), which means that Apple will get 30% and I will get 20% for my contributions: I will edit the story; I will design and produce the eBook; I will illustrate a cover for it (or hire someone else to, if I’m not the best fit for the story); I will help promote it.
Please submit your pitch before April 30, 2015. I will notify the selected writer(s) I am interested in working with as soon as possible after that.
Other Recent Posts
- Leonard Nimoy (1931–2015)
- Cyber Monday is stupid, but the books are on sale, anyway!
- “Steeping” by Gordon McAlpin
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer