Notes from the Manager
So tired. Too much detail to finish before I crash out tonight, so here it is without color shading/toning in the first four panels. (EDIT: It will still be in sepia tones, not "color," like the last panel in #271. I was tired when I wrote that. Poor word choice.)
“Blewitt,” incidentally, refers to Kenneth Blewitt, the manager of the Regal Theater from 1939 through 1959. He was the first Black movie theater manager in Chicago.
Thanks are due to Jason Nellis, for a little research assistance earlier in the month. (Jason says, “Go to Hulu.”)
OH! And, Chicago-area comic book readers — especially those on the north side — would do well to check out Third Coast Comics. It's existed for some time as a mail order service, but it just opened a brick-and-mortar store at 6234 N. Broadway in Edgewater. It's a terrific little shop, with a fantastic mix of indie and mainstream stuff.
UPDATE (8/23): Finally finished toning them. Thanks are due to Jason Bryant (a.k.a. CodeGuy) for a bit of assistance toning one of the panels!
Help support Multiplex!
Patron rewards include free Multiplex eBooks, bonus comics, “behind the scenes” art, sketches, and more!
You can also support Multiplex by buying Multiplex merch from the Multiplex Store, shopping at Amazon with this affiliate link (US only; for international readers: United Kingdom and Canada), or making a one-time donation via PayPal or Dwolla!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
See you TOMORROW! It will be a regular update (so: #1045).
Other Recent Posts
- The Multiplex: The Revenge Kickstarter ends at 9PM Central!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Rock
- Multiplex Movie Review comics MILESTONE GOALS
- Download the first chapter of Multiplex: The Revenge FREE
- Multiplex: Enjoy Your Show is sold out — maybe?
- I had forgotten about an old poster design…
- Spider-Man sketch giveaway
- Multiplex: There and Back Again is $14.95 on Amazon for a limited time
- Jason sketch giveaway (and a Kickstarter update)