Notes from the Manager
So tired. Too much detail to finish before I crash out tonight, so here it is without color shading/toning in the first four panels. (EDIT: It will still be in sepia tones, not "color," like the last panel in #271. I was tired when I wrote that. Poor word choice.)
“Blewitt,” incidentally, refers to Kenneth Blewitt, the manager of the Regal Theater from 1939 through 1959. He was the first Black movie theater manager in Chicago.
Thanks are due to Jason Nellis, for a little research assistance earlier in the month. (Jason says, “Go to Hulu.”)
OH! And, Chicago-area comic book readers — especially those on the north side — would do well to check out Third Coast Comics. It's existed for some time as a mail order service, but it just opened a brick-and-mortar store at 6234 N. Broadway in Edgewater. It's a terrific little shop, with a fantastic mix of indie and mainstream stuff.
UPDATE (8/23): Finally finished toning them. Thanks are due to Jason Bryant (a.k.a. CodeGuy) for a bit of assistance toning one of the panels!
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Friday, August 15, 2014
There’s no telling how the film will turn out, but the trailer for The Theory of Everything impressed me by having a respectably balanced focus on both the life of Stephen Hawking (and relationship with his first wife) and the work he is so admired for, unlike so many other film biographies of so-called Great Men.
James Marsh (Man on Wire) directs Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones in the November 7th release.
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3