Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #139: Rage! Redux!; #190: Afraid to Dye; #244: Strangers in the Night, Part One; #245: Strangers in the Night, Part Two; #249: Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven; #254: Two-Faced
Sorry the strip was late!
I've had a hell of a week. My car got hit (for the second time in three weeks), and I've had this bizarro allergic reaction to I don't even know what. Or at least that's what my doctor thinks it is. I'm fine, but it wasn't the best week to do a 17-panel strip, that's for sure.…
The three guys on the left side are just a few of the Multiplex 10 employees we haven't met before. I've explained this in the forums a few times: a ten-theater multiplex would have roughly 40 employees (including managers and cleaning staff) and a hell of a lot of turnover, so I'm really kind of overdue for introducing faces in the background that we won't get to know well — if at all.
See you Monday!
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Saturday, November 22, 2014
A short experimental film I made for schoolz. (Mostly) shot in 240 fps slow motion on an iPhone 6. Edited with Final Cut Pro. There are a few shots I’d have liked to redo if I wasn’t under the gun for a deadline (and hadn’t run out of tea), but… oh well.
Other Recent Posts
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer