Notes from the Manager
Incidentally, that's a Tomb Raider poster in the background of Franklin's apartment, featuring Angelina Jolie (plus one hell of a padded bra) from before she forgot how to eat. The games on his screens are World of Warcraft (which I don't play and never have) and EVE Online (which I am currently addicted to).
EDIT: Life is strange. In the forum, gproject posted a link to this article about Chinese workers making a (not terribly lucrative) living off of gold farming in WoW, over at the Guardian's site. Coincidentally enough, it was posted today.
Apparently, the interviews in the article were facilitated by a documentary filmmaker working on a film about the Chinese gold farms called Play Money. That should be an interesting one.…
A statistic from Advanced Economic Research Systems (found at the Play Money site; also cited in a GameSpot article) stated that in January and February of 2005, "top sellers made more than $44,000 USD each month" from gold farming. Jeez, and I thought I was being unrealistic.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, April 17, 2014
This apparently hit big at Sundance, and who doesn’t like Jean-Ralphio’s sister on Parks & Rec? Okay, maybe a lot of people, but Jenny Slate is fuckin’ funny. Anyway. Obvious Child is an indie comedy-drama about a young potty-mouth comedian (Slate) who finds out she’s pregnant and… just watch this.
Obvious Child was written and directed by Gillian Robespierre. It hits theaters on June 6, 2014. It’s so indie, its official movie site is on Tumblr.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Rover theatrical trailer
- Trailer Watch: X-Men: Days of Future Past final trailer
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy
- I’ve been drawing Turtles, I guess. Here’s Leonardo.