Notes from the Manager
Incidentally, that's a Tomb Raider poster in the background of Franklin's apartment, featuring Angelina Jolie (plus one hell of a padded bra) from before she forgot how to eat. The games on his screens are World of Warcraft (which I don't play and never have) and EVE Online (which I am currently addicted to).
EDIT: Life is strange. In the forum, gproject posted a link to this article about Chinese workers making a (not terribly lucrative) living off of gold farming in WoW, over at the Guardian's site. Coincidentally enough, it was posted today.
Apparently, the interviews in the article were facilitated by a documentary filmmaker working on a film about the Chinese gold farms called Play Money. That should be an interesting one.…
A statistic from Advanced Economic Research Systems (found at the Play Money site; also cited in a GameSpot article) stated that in January and February of 2005, "top sellers made more than $44,000 USD each month" from gold farming. Jeez, and I thought I was being unrealistic.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, July 27, 2014
Yes. May 15, 2015.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3
- Trailer Watch: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes final trailer