Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #308: Twilight of the Nerds
The comic Keith is reading is The Night Projectionist, by Bob Heske and Diego Yapura, a horror comic (in the vein of the old EC horror comics, but with a fresh, modern flavor) about — yep — a mysterious projectionist who has to protect a movie theater full of small-town yokels from a vampire attack. (No, this was not a paid product placement, although I almost made a product placement joke in this strip — but it felt too much like I was breaking the fourth wall.)
The first issue is now available at fine local comics shops everywhere (or at Heavy Ink, if you want to order it online). It's also being serialized online in black and white as a Night Projectionist Noir (the first twelve pages are up so far, and it almost looks cooler in black and white). This first issue is all set-up, though; the second issue is where the fun really begins. If reading isn't your thing, you can also wait for the movie adaptation from Myriad Pictures, which has already been announced.
Thanks are due to Studio 407 and Bob Heske for permission to use the cover art in this comic.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)