Notes from the Manager
The movie they're watching is Observe and Report, starring Seth Rogen. Here's the full clip that the scene in the strip is from:
(If the embedded player doesn't work, click over to Spike to see the clip.)
It's not a laugh-out-loud clip, but the movie itself is peppered with very funny scenes and a disconcertingly bleak story that builds up to an absolutely hilarious ending. It is, however, just about as dark as dark comedy gets. If Bad Santa was just too sweet and cheerful for you, then you'll love the shit out of Observe & Report!
Joe, Tom and myself discussed the movie at length during this week's Triple Feature, but the short version of the podcast is this: Tom didn't see it, Joe loved it, and I thought an absolutely brilliant payoff in the last several scenes elevated a really good movie to a great movie — but I think I would've enjoyed it a little more if the R-rated trailer hadn't given away too much of the best scenes from early in the film. When it's out on DVD, it's definitely something I'll want to revisit, though.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)