Notes from the Manager
Happy Fourth of July and junk, my fellow Americans.
Thanks to Bob Plummer, supergeek_mike and djpowwow for (separately) suggesting the name “Some Like It Hot” for the name of the movie-themed ’50s diner down the shopping center from the Multiplex 10 — from the Billy Wilder movie of the same name, of course. I kicked myself for not thinking of it myself, because I even had that poster up in one of the booths since I first started using it as a location.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Friday, August 15, 2014
There’s no telling how the film will turn out, but the trailer for The Theory of Everything impressed me by having a respectably balanced focus on both the life of Stephen Hawking (and relationship with his first wife) and the work he is so admired for, unlike so many other film biographies of so-called Great Men.
James Marsh (Man on Wire) directs Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones in the November 7th release.
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3