Notes from the Manager
The big news today is: Multiplex finally has a merchandise store!
So far, there are just two T-shirt designs (one being the one Jason is wearing in this strip — although there is a design on the back you haven't seen yet) and the Multiplex: Chapter 1 downloadable eBook at its new, lower price.* But it exists, and it will slowly have things added to it. Peruse the shop and buy something, why don't you? (The Multiplex Store accepts both PayPal and credit card orders. If you want to send a check or have any other questions/comments about the store, just drop me a line!)
* If you have already purchased a copy of the Multiplex #1 eBook: HD Edition (not the WOWIO version) drop me a line. I'll give you some coupon codes to "upgrade" to the new version for free and get $1 off the shirts (or any future merchandise). Include the e-mail you used when you purchased the original eBook, so I can verify your previous purchase.
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, November 1, 2015
Thank you very much for the outpouring of kind words since last Friday. It meant a lot to me, and I’m happy to say that I have great news: things may not be quite so bleak as I thought last week.
For some background, since I haven’t shared much of this publicly, my cat Punk very nearly died in September from a urinary tract infection. A slew of medicines turned things around after a rough couple of weeks, and he had two great weeks but then relapsed. As it turned out, the strain of infection he had was resistant to the antibiotics he was on, so he had to go on some new meds.
Because he wasn’t back at 100% (as close to 100% as an 18 year old cat with three chronic diseases gets, anyway), the recovery this time was very, very hard on him. Punk had to be taken to the emergency room last Wednesday evening, then he wasn’t handling the pain medication they prescribed very well — or eating, except when I would spoon feed him baby food — so I was… in a very bad headspace last week.
With non-stop attention and some tweaks to his medication dosages, he began improving steadily on Friday evening, started to eat on his own and seek out my company on Saturday, and he even meowed for the first time in two weeks on Sunday.
If this keeps up, this will be the third time he’s cheated death (last month, and a bout with pancreatitis a couple of years ago), but I’m still nervous about him relapsing yet again. There’s also the very real possibility that there is something else going on behind all his recent troubles…
But… he’s a tough little guy, and he’s had a great couple of days,which is very encouraging. He has even managed to get back to work on the strip with me (pictured above!), and we’ll hopefully be able to keep at it.
The Multiplex update schedule may be a little erratic for the next couple of months. If that happens, hopefully it will be because I need more time to finish my MFA thesis, not another downturn in Punk’s health. Either way, thank you for reading, and thank you for all your support — financial, emotional, and… egotistical?
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex is on a short hiatus.
- Major NASA Announcement
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers something something… the third one, anyway
- Multiplex Movie Review: Ex Machina
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers (2007)
- Multiplex: The Revenge pre-orders are OPEN
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys II