Notes from the Manager
The remake's trailer can be found at Yahoo! Movies. The original trailer is online over at Apple. You'll notice that they hit the same major story points in the same order, even — although there are a few minor differences.
I don't think there's anything wrong with making a "black people version" of Death at a Funeral; I just think it's sort of odd that Hollywood would spend however many tens of millions of dollars to remake a movie that they could have just marketed better and distributed wider in its original release. Especially if they apparently weren't going to change all that much. (The original only cost $9 million to make!)
It's also really strange that Neil LaBute directed the remake.
But… All that said, it's still pretty funny, and it's a really strong cast. A lot of people dismiss remakes out of hand, which I think is a bit too absolute. Some remakes are better than the original (well, The Departed is), and plays are produced numerous of times; so why not films?
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)