Notes from the Manager
The Kickstarter funding period has ended — with an astonishing last-minute bang, bringing the total to $13,194.50 in pledges. That does not mean I'll get all of it, mind you; many peoples' credit cards have errored out or are still being processed.
Approximately $12,500 of the pledges have already been successfully processed, so there's nothing major to worry about — but, if you have recieved a notice from Kickstarter asking you to update your credit card information, please do so quickly! If your payment has not been processed by December 18th, it will be cancelled — you'll lose access to the backers-exclusive posts and obviously you will not receive your pledge rewards.
I did draw the winner of the "Win a Job at the Multiplex 10 Cinemas" contest already, though: ANGIE BOOTH… which is a perfect last name for someone working at a movie theater, come to think of it. Congratulations, Angie! Angie the Second will pop up at the Multiplex 10 some time in the spring or summer of 2010, after the print collection has gone to press. First things first!
For any questions about what's happening next with the book, keep your eyes peeled on the Kickstarter Updates page, or the Multiplex: Book 1 Progress Report box below!
But wait! There’s more!
Although Multiplex has ended, thanks to readers like you on Patreon, the Multiplex 10 will stay open for business! I’ll be posting bonus comics from future print collections, Multiplex Movie Review strips, updates on the upcoming Multiplex 10 animated short, and, of course, other non-Multiplex stuff.
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the arts, Patreon supporters get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Hello! The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in just over 14 days. As of this writing, we are a little north of $12,000, so just over 80% of our base goal. Judging from my last two Kickstarters, we’re doing very well. The final week should pick up considerably over this past week.
BUT don’t forget that we still have a milestone goal of Jason reviewing every Harry Potter movie if we make that $15,000 baseline goal on/before Wednesday, April 26th, though! (Plus Fantastic Beasts if we make it on/before Monday, April 24th. But that seems kind of unlikely at this point.) I thought that was a fun premise… but it’s up to the Gods of Kickstarter now.
I also officially added our first (and, at this point, only) STRETCH GOAL. At $20,000, we’ll be able to do a few extra things:
- Smoother, 4K animation
- 5.1 Surround Sound mix (courtesy sound designer Ian Vargo)
- AND… a theatrical premiere at the Somerville Theatre here in Somerville, MA. (All backers at the Special Thanks level and up will get free admission… and, of course, transportation is not provided.)
Thanks so much for all your support. I’m exciting at how the Kickstarter project is coming together, and I can’t wait to get started on the animated short. (Full time, I mean. I’m already working on it!)
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex
- Electrogor, Bobbie Draper, and more
- The collected Multiplex Movie Reviews eBook is now available
- Mae Volume One is now available… and I have a comic in it!
- Multiplex: The Revenge final cover
- Multiplex: Chapter 15 — and the full Book Three eBook set — are now available!
- Production on Book Three is winding down
- Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available!