Notes from the Manager
Hello, dear readers! I thought I'd point out a couple things:
1) If you've never noticed the previous Comic Tagger I had (the popular webcomics widget thingy by Ash Young), I've replaced it with a fancy text-based version, which you can see below the strip. It's the "Tag This Comic," etc., etc. thing. Thanks to Andrew Fulton (Hi, Andrew!), who made a fancy new version of it for coding it!
For those of you who don't visit the site every Monday and Thursday like clockwork, what this little thing does is — if you hit "Tag This Comic," it will save what strip you tagged, so that you can come back to it sometime in the future and pick up reading where you left off, not missing a single strip.
If you already used the Comic Tagger; it should function the same as before — with one tiny difference: you can now click "Tag This Comic" on the homepage and it will tag the current comic, not the homepage. If you prefer reading your comics in larger chunks (like me), this is a small but significant improvement. (You can also tag the online Chapter eBook pages, although there are only four of those so far.)
2) Sorry, RSS feed subscribers, but now that Multiplex is my day job, I gotta make some money from the 3,000+ subscribers (the majority of whom do not seem to click through to the site). [EDIT: I was sleepy and forgot to finish writing this section. Oops. Sorry for any confusion I may have caused, too.] SO in the near future I'll be adding an ad to the feed. I don't like ads in feeds anymore than the next guy, but it takes me a long time to make these free comics, y'know? I gotta pay rent somehow.
If it's of any consolation, I got rid of the two smaller Project Wonderful sidebar ads at the site? :)
Okay. Other than that, I'm still plugging away at the last new content for Chapter 5, and it should be available next week. (A strip or two should go up for Kickstarter backers in the near future.)
I'll be visiting the real life Melissa Recar today at the theater she manages (the Randall 15 IMAX in Batavia, Illinois). I'll tell her you said "hi."
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
• A free eBook every month (or so)!
• Multiplex Movie Reviews and
other bonus comics
• Character doodles!
• Invites to Google Hangouts!
• Sneak peeks at early and in-progress
strips and artwork!
• and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Saturday, March 8, 2014
We’ve just hit the second milestone goal ($600)!
What this means is, once my patrons’ accounts are charged next (around the first of next month), MULTIPLEX WILL BE COMPLETELY READER-SUPPORTED AND DEVOID OF THOSE ANNOYING THIRD PARTY ADS. Thank you so incredibly much to all of the Patreon backers and anyone else who spread the word about the project (or Multiplex, really)!
Once I can roll out the reworked site, strip images will be significantly larger (most likely 900px wide), yet the website should still load a bit faster. My programmer Jelly and I are looking at making the site both responsive and retina-friendly at the same time, but those may take a while longer… so no promises for those just yet.
I would just yank the ads now, because I hate them, except that would screw up the site layout. Removing them is not quite as simple as it might seem, I’m afraid, and will involve a bit of a redesign, as I mention in the Milestone Goals sidebar over at Patreon.
When we reach the NEXT milestone goal ($1000): I will post (at least) four Multiplex Movie Reviews or other bonus comics per month here for patrons! So it will be allllmost like three strips per week.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4-minute preview trailer
- Trailer Watch: Stage Fright, a horror-comedy-musical
- Trailer Watch: Boom! Kaboom! Pazow! Zap!
- Multiplex Chapter eBooks: the pre-release editions — and a word about Book Three
- They PRE-ORDERED Multiplex: There and Back Again (Book Two). What happened next blew their frickin’ minds.