Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #469: Enquiring Minds Want to Know
Alinea is a real restaurant in Chicago. While I've never eaten there, the whole concept of art food just doesn't sit that well with me. I'm a traditionalist in some respects, at least with food. :) But it's more that I just have no interest in it than that I (like Whitey… er, Dub) think it's actually "novelty bullshit." The Hot Potato, Cold Potato is one of their signature dishes. EDIT: Oh, right, and you can literally eat the menu. EDIT 2: Or possibly not. At Moto, another "molecular gastronomy" sort of restaurant, you can.
Sorry about the late strip (I don't let it happen too often, as long-time readers know). We'll get back to Jason and Becky next week, I promise! I know a few of you were chomping at the bit about that. heh
In other news, the pre-order drive is going steadily — but a little slower than I had hoped. Please! If you love Multiplex and would like to pick up a copy of the book sooner or later, pre-order the book. The Kickstarter funds have long since run dry and ill-timed (as always) car problems are threatening my plans to go to Fallcon or the Indianapolis convention I have on my Events calendar. :( I need your help! If you aren't interested in the book, consider buying something else from the Multiplex Store — a print or a shirt, or even a vector portrait — or simply making a donation using the button in the sidebar.
And if you're completely broke (like me) and a Goodreads member, be sure to check out this item over at the Deleted Scenes blog. (I'll be plugging stuff over there in the Notes until I get the impression that most Multiplex readers actually know it exists.)
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Monday, July 7, 2014
The second trailer for David Fincher’s Gone Girl is pretty damned great:
Gone Girl opens on October 3, 2014.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3
- Trailer Watch: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes final trailer
- Trailer Watch: Guardians of the Galaxy UK trailer