Notes from the Manager
There will be five updates this week (some of them guest strips), so keep coming back!
For those of you who haven't heard of Rare Exports — pretty much all of you, I wager — this is Rare Exports:
I caught it at an advance screening last week, thanks to Ain't It Cool News and Gapers Block's Steve Prokopy (a.k.a. Capone). It's a bizarre, Finnish "Christmas tale" that… defies explanation, I guess. You can get the gist of it from the trailer, though. It's a flawed film on many levels, but it's funny and so many kinds of weird that I can't help but recommend it. If it's playing near you (and, for the vast majority of you, it isn't), see it — on Christmas Eve or Christmas, if you can. (Sure enough, it opens in Chicago on Christmas Eve, at the lovely Music Box Theatre.)
UPDATE: A couple of
Finnish readers have informed me that there were two Rare Exports short films. They're both on YouTube, of course. I've only seen one of them (which is really funny), but I think the feature is an… er, "origin" story of sorts, so if you are able to see the film and want to go in totally blind, you may not want to watch them first.
Sorry to disappoint those of you hoping for one of the girls to dress up as Quorra or Jem from Tron Legacy; maybe Thursday… Having seen the movie — and unlike half the internet, I enjoyed it despite its many (many) shortcomings. It's pretty, it sounds great, and I thought it was fun.
What did you think — or did you let the negative buzz discourage you from checking it out?
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)