Notes from the Manager
Hey, gang. There’s an interview with me about Multiplex over at Comixpedia, as part of their movies-themed May “issue.” Check it out. And if you’re a first-time reader thanks to said interview, welcome!
Anyway, yes, it’s true: Mission: Impossible III only got $48 million on its opening weekend (this past weekend), which isn’t bad, but it’s not great, either, for being the fourth widest release ever. Since the international total kicked that up another $70 million, there’s no doubt it will make back its $150 million or so budget, but it’s pretty clear that it opened just a bit too early in the year for “summer” and/or the whole “Tom Cruise is crazy” backlash has hurt his drawing power. It’s a shame, though, because it really is a great, fun, action-packed movie, with a uniformly great cast. Hopefully some well-deserved positive word-of-mouth will do the film some justice.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Saturday, November 22, 2014
A short experimental film I made for schoolz. (Mostly) shot in 240 fps slow motion on an iPhone 6. Edited with Final Cut Pro. There are a few shots I’d have liked to redo if I wasn’t under the gun for a deadline (and hadn’t run out of tea), but… oh well.
Other Recent Posts
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer