Notes from the Manager
To be continued… after I actually see Insidious! The film has been getting very, very positive reviews, all saying the film is a genuinely scary supernatural horror movie that doesn't rely on gore or cheap jump scares, so I'm actually a little curious.
Source Code is also out this weekend, and while I must admit the trailers look like a cool premise that could easily veer off into really bad sci-fi-romance territory, I have faith that Duncan Jones (the writer-director of the superb Moon) wouldn't take a script that predictably, generically bad. And again, early reviews have been really strong.
So yeah! It looks like — potentially — a really great weekend for fans of indie genre flicks. I'm going to try to see both of these this weekend, but we'll see. Are you looking forward to seeing either of these this weekend, neither of them, both of them, or something else entirely?
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Saturday, November 22, 2014
A short experimental film I made for schoolz. (Mostly) shot in 240 fps slow motion on an iPhone 6. Edited with Final Cut Pro. There are a few shots I’d have liked to redo if I wasn’t under the gun for a deadline (and hadn’t run out of tea), but… oh well.
Other Recent Posts
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer