Notes from the Manager
If you ignored my note above and don't know what's going on, that's because this is part two of a six-part crossover between Dave Willis's Shortpacked! and Multiplex — which we're calling “Multipacked!” — so head over to Shortpacked! to read Part One.
Before anyone asks: yes, our webcomics take place in different cities. We're just gonna handwave that and say that in the Multiplex universe, there's a version of Shortpacked! in Chicago, and in the Shortpacked! universe, there's a version of Multiplex in San Francisco. (I had Jason turn up there once before, for a Shortpacked! guest comic that I did a little over a year ago, so I guess that's Multiplex canon now.)
The Shortpacked!/Multiplex crossover started on Monday over at Shortpacked!, and we'll alternate for the next few days — so Multiplex today (duh), SP! on Wednesday, Multiplex on Thursday, and then conclude on Friday with strips at both sites. (Dave's Friday comic will be first chronologically.) I'll see you tomorrow over at Shortpacked! and then back here on Thursday!
Dear New Visitors from Shortpacked!
If you're new to Multiplex, I generally recommend starting from the beginning, but as you all know, the first year or two of a long-running webcomic are rarely indicative of its eventual quality, so if you'd rather get a feel for what the strip evolves into, maybe start at Chapter 26 instead.
But wait! There’s more!
Although Multiplex has ended, thanks to readers like you on Patreon, the Multiplex 10 will stay open for business! I’ll be posting bonus comics from future print collections, Multiplex Movie Review strips, updates on the upcoming Multiplex 10 animated short, and, of course, other non-Multiplex stuff.
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the arts, Patreon supporters get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Hello! The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in just over 14 days. As of this writing, we are a little north of $12,000, so just over 80% of our base goal. Judging from my last two Kickstarters, we’re doing very well. The final week should pick up considerably over this past week.
BUT don’t forget that we still have a milestone goal of Jason reviewing every Harry Potter movie if we make that $15,000 baseline goal on/before Wednesday, April 26th, though! (Plus Fantastic Beasts if we make it on/before Monday, April 24th. But that seems kind of unlikely at this point.) I thought that was a fun premise… but it’s up to the Gods of Kickstarter now.
I also officially added our first (and, at this point, only) STRETCH GOAL. At $20,000, we’ll be able to do a few extra things:
- Smoother, 4K animation
- 5.1 Surround Sound mix (courtesy sound designer Ian Vargo)
- AND… a theatrical premiere at the Somerville Theatre here in Somerville, MA. (All backers at the Special Thanks level and up will get free admission… and, of course, transportation is not provided.)
Thanks so much for all your support. I’m exciting at how the Kickstarter project is coming together, and I can’t wait to get started on the animated short. (Full time, I mean. I’m already working on it!)
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex
- Electrogor, Bobbie Draper, and more
- The collected Multiplex Movie Reviews eBook is now available
- Mae Volume One is now available… and I have a comic in it!
- Multiplex: The Revenge final cover
- Multiplex: Chapter 15 — and the full Book Three eBook set — are now available!
- Production on Book Three is winding down
- Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available!