#671: TensionFebruary 21, 2012
Notes from the Manager
If you ignored my note above and don't know what's going on, that's because this is part two of a six-part crossover between Dave Willis's Shortpacked! and Multiplex — which we're calling “Multipacked!” — so head over to Shortpacked! to read Part One.
Before anyone asks: yes, our webcomics take place in different cities. We're just gonna handwave that and say that in the Multiplex universe, there's a version of Shortpacked! in Chicago, and in the Shortpacked! universe, there's a version of Multiplex in San Francisco. (I had Jason turn up there once before, for a Shortpacked! guest comic that I did a little over a year ago, so I guess that's Multiplex canon now.)
The Shortpacked!/Multiplex crossover started on Monday over at Shortpacked!, and we'll alternate for the next few days — so Multiplex today (duh), SP! on Wednesday, Multiplex on Thursday, and then conclude on Friday with strips at both sites. (Dave's Friday comic will be first chronologically.) I'll see you tomorrow over at Shortpacked! and then back here on Thursday!
Dear New Visitors from Shortpacked!
If you're new to Multiplex, I generally recommend starting from the beginning, but as you all know, the first year or two of a long-running webcomic are rarely indicative of its eventual quality, so if you'd rather get a feel for what the strip evolves into, maybe start at Chapter 26 instead.
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, April 17, 2014
This apparently hit big at Sundance, and who doesn’t like Jean-Ralphio’s sister on Parks & Rec? Okay, maybe a lot of people, but Jenny Slate is fuckin’ funny. Anyway. Obvious Child is an indie comedy-drama about a young potty-mouth comedian (Slate) who finds out she’s pregnant and… just watch this.
Obvious Child was written and directed by Gillian Robespierre. It hits theaters on June 6, 2014. It’s so indie, its official movie site is on Tumblr.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Rover theatrical trailer
- Trailer Watch: X-Men: Days of Future Past final trailer
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy
- I’ve been drawing Turtles, I guess. Here’s Leonardo.