Notes from the Manager
A couple of details unimportant enough not to include here (or that will come up later and aren't spoilery):
1) Josh doesn't work for the pizza place again. It's just an old shirt and hat he could get blood all over. He's a bartender now.
2) Since it's a black and white movie, they used black blood for these effects shots to heighten the contrast. Black and white also makes adding these extra zombies a lot easier, since they don't need to color match. That's one of the reasons they chose black and white, other than just being creepier, of course.
3) Josh is being used way in the back of the shot (he's in the top right), so they didn't need to put any detail in his missing arm or do the usual zombie eyes they've been using in the other scenes. I realize that the footage of Josh is still in the camera, and that Franklin wouldn't have actually been able to drop him into the version he showed Josh, but it's not meant to be literally the exact shot that he sees; it's the finished version. Well, finished without graytones, because I've fallen far enough behind on Book 2 that I still can't spare the time to tone the regular updates.
4) The "shot we took last fall" Jason mentions in panel 3 was taken in #664.
I wanted to have someone say that the green screen really tied the room together, but there wasn't room. sigh
So like I mentioned in (3), I've been falling behind on Book 2, but the Chapter 8 eBook will come out this week. The final bonus strip for it is done; I just need to get the actual eBook finished up now.
Help support Multiplex!
Patron rewards include free Multiplex eBooks, bonus comics, “behind the scenes” art, sketches, and more!
You can also support Multiplex by buying Multiplex merch from the Multiplex Store, shopping at Amazon with this affiliate link (US only; for international readers: United Kingdom and Canada), or making a one-time donation via PayPal or Dwolla!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Friday, July 31, 2015
Just like the headline says, the Multiplex: The Revenge Kickstarter project ends TODAY (Friday, July 31) at 9PM Central!
It has successfully passed the goal, so I do not need any additional funds to finish, print, and fulfill Book Three— but any additional funds raised will go toward the production and marketing of the book series: the creation of the bonus strips for Book Four (after Book Three is completed) or a second printing for Book One, for example.
While I will be setting up a BackerKit pre-order page to allow for “pre-order backers” (as BackerKit calls them) to order a selection of the physical rewards, many of the higher level Kickstarter rewards involve background appearances in the book and I need to lock down who those people are in order to get to work on the book. Therefore, those higher level reward packs are exclusively available to Kickstarter backers. Lock them down while you can!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Rock
- Multiplex Movie Review comics MILESTONE GOALS
- Download the first chapter of Multiplex: The Revenge FREE
- Multiplex: Enjoy Your Show is sold out — maybe?
- I had forgotten about an old poster design…
- Spider-Man sketch giveaway
- Multiplex: There and Back Again is $14.95 on Amazon for a limited time
- Jason sketch giveaway (and a Kickstarter update)
- The Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) Kickstarter is GO!