Notes from the Manager
A couple of details unimportant enough not to include here (or that will come up later and aren't spoilery):
1) Josh doesn't work for the pizza place again. It's just an old shirt and hat he could get blood all over. He's a bartender now.
2) Since it's a black and white movie, they used black blood for these effects shots to heighten the contrast. Black and white also makes adding these extra zombies a lot easier, since they don't need to color match. That's one of the reasons they chose black and white, other than just being creepier, of course.
3) Josh is being used way in the back of the shot (he's in the top right), so they didn't need to put any detail in his missing arm or do the usual zombie eyes they've been using in the other scenes. I realize that the footage of Josh is still in the camera, and that Franklin wouldn't have actually been able to drop him into the version he showed Josh, but it's not meant to be literally the exact shot that he sees; it's the finished version. Well, finished without graytones, because I've fallen far enough behind on Book 2 that I still can't spare the time to tone the regular updates.
4) The "shot we took last fall" Jason mentions in panel 3 was taken in #664.
I wanted to have someone say that the green screen really tied the room together, but there wasn't room. sigh
So like I mentioned in (3), I've been falling behind on Book 2, but the Chapter 8 eBook will come out this week. The final bonus strip for it is done; I just need to get the actual eBook finished up now.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)