Notes from the Manager
A couple of details unimportant enough not to include here (or that will come up later and aren't spoilery):
1) Josh doesn't work for the pizza place again. It's just an old shirt and hat he could get blood all over. He's a bartender now.
2) Since it's a black and white movie, they used black blood for these effects shots to heighten the contrast. Black and white also makes adding these extra zombies a lot easier, since they don't need to color match. That's one of the reasons they chose black and white, other than just being creepier, of course.
3) Josh is being used way in the back of the shot (he's in the top right), so they didn't need to put any detail in his missing arm or do the usual zombie eyes they've been using in the other scenes. I realize that the footage of Josh is still in the camera, and that Franklin wouldn't have actually been able to drop him into the version he showed Josh, but it's not meant to be literally the exact shot that he sees; it's the finished version. Well, finished without graytones, because I've fallen far enough behind on Book 2 that I still can't spare the time to tone the regular updates.
4) The "shot we took last fall" Jason mentions in panel 3 was taken in #664.
I wanted to have someone say that the green screen really tied the room together, but there wasn't room. sigh
So like I mentioned in (3), I've been falling behind on Book 2, but the Chapter 8 eBook will come out this week. The final bonus strip for it is done; I just need to get the actual eBook finished up now.
But wait! There’s more!
Although Multiplex will be ending soon, thanks to readers like you on Patreon, the Multiplex 10 will stay open for business! I’ll be posting bonus comics from future print collections, Multiplex Movie Review strips, updates on the upcoming Multiplex animated short, and, of course, other non-Multiplex stuff.
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, March 16, 2017
A brand spanking new eBook collecting all twenty-nine Multiplex Movie Reviews to date is now available via Gumroad. It’s priced at $1.99 and includes a bunch of strips never posted to the Multiplex site and previously only available to Kickstarter backers and Patreon patrons. Some of them are even funny!
Other Recent Posts
- Mae Volume One is now available… and I have a comic in it!
- Multiplex: The Revenge final cover
- Multiplex: Chapter 15 — and the full Book Three eBook set — are now available!
- Production on Book Three is winding down
- Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available!
- “Autobiography” (excerpt)
- Multiplex will be back on Monday
- Multiplex: Chapter 13 is now available!
- Multiplex: Chapter 12 is now available!
- The Sessions: Voice Acting in Anime and Video Games