Notes from the Manager
A couple of details unimportant enough not to include here (or that will come up later and aren't spoilery):
1) Josh doesn't work for the pizza place again. It's just an old shirt and hat he could get blood all over. He's a bartender now.
2) Since it's a black and white movie, they used black blood for these effects shots to heighten the contrast. Black and white also makes adding these extra zombies a lot easier, since they don't need to color match. That's one of the reasons they chose black and white, other than just being creepier, of course.
3) Josh is being used way in the back of the shot (he's in the top right), so they didn't need to put any detail in his missing arm or do the usual zombie eyes they've been using in the other scenes. I realize that the footage of Josh is still in the camera, and that Franklin wouldn't have actually been able to drop him into the version he showed Josh, but it's not meant to be literally the exact shot that he sees; it's the finished version. Well, finished without graytones, because I've fallen far enough behind on Book 2 that I still can't spare the time to tone the regular updates.
4) The "shot we took last fall" Jason mentions in panel 3 was taken in #664.
I wanted to have someone say that the green screen really tied the room together, but there wasn't room. sigh
So like I mentioned in (3), I've been falling behind on Book 2, but the Chapter 8 eBook will come out this week. The final bonus strip for it is done; I just need to get the actual eBook finished up now.
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, April 14, 2016
It’s only been a couple of months since I said goodbye to Punk and today my fiancée Karyn and I had to say goodbye to her cat Sydney. Like Punk, she was eighteen years old and had multiple long-term health issues.
I only knew her for the last eight of her years, and although we had a contentious start, and she never got along with Punk, we grew to have a special bond. In the last few months, she would sit on me as I slept and be the first thing I saw almost every morning. She was a very sweet, ridiculously affectionate cat, and we will both miss her.
Multiplex is taking a very short break. I’ll see you here Monday.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex: Chapter 13 is now available!
- Multiplex: Chapter 12 is now available!
- The Sessions: Voice Acting in Anime and Video Games
- Multiplex will be back soon. (updated)
- Work on Book Three has begun.
- Multiplex is back (yes, already!)
- Multiplex is on a short hiatus.
- Major NASA Announcement
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron