Notes from the Manager
(I cheated and changed last Friday’s title from “Early to Bed, Early to Rise” to just “Early to Bed,” so I could use the “Early to Rise” part here instead.)
Part of Jason’s line in panel 3 is sort of self-indulgently in-jokey with myself. If you read through archives, a lot of the movie news-focused strips deal with movies that have, for better or for worse, never happened. (Trey Parker and Matt Stone’s kaiju flick, for instance.) I find this a little frustrating when I’m reading Multiplex: Enjoy Your Show, for instance, even though I know it’s not that big of a deal. The humor is more about how people talk about movies, not from the fact that they’re talking about these specific movies.
Anyway. Obviously, this is all real news. I know J. J. Abrams has his detractors (including some of you), but I love his directing. The scripts he works on aren’t always so solid, but the writers lined up for Episodes VII through IX are pretty promising. Although they’d have to be pretty spectacular for me to think of them as anything other than fan fiction, I’m curious to see what they come up with for the first time since the news of new Star Wars films broke.
Don’t forget that Multiplex is now on a Monday/Friday schedule, so see you in four days.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)