Notes from the Manager
False equivalence or irony? You make the call!
As someone who doesn’t watch broadcast or cable TV, I don’t see a lot of commercials, and so I find it really weird that on Super Bowl Sunday, people get all into… the ads. Fucking ads. The whole reason that I don’t watch TV in the first place! (I watch stuff on Hulu or iTunes or whatever — so I watch several TV shows, just not “TV.”)
But then people, including myself here, complain about them in front of movies. Maybe they just need to rotate them a little more often at movie theaters… Frequent movie-goers like myself want to start murdering people after the nine millionth “Wanta Fanta.”
Anyway. The Pep! ad in the last panel is an obvious nod to this Coke commercial:
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
I know I don’t usually post stuff like this here, but I was so amazed by this major NASA announcement yesterday. Check it out!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers something something… the third one, anyway
- Multiplex Movie Review: Ex Machina
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers (2007)
- Multiplex: The Revenge pre-orders are OPEN
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys II
- The Multiplex: The Revenge Kickstarter ends at 9PM Central!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys