Notes from the Manager
False equivalence or irony? You make the call!
As someone who doesn’t watch broadcast or cable TV, I don’t see a lot of commercials, and so I find it really weird that on Super Bowl Sunday, people get all into… the ads. Fucking ads. The whole reason that I don’t watch TV in the first place! (I watch stuff on Hulu or iTunes or whatever — so I watch several TV shows, just not “TV.”)
But then people, including myself here, complain about them in front of movies. Maybe they just need to rotate them a little more often at movie theaters… Frequent movie-goers like myself want to start murdering people after the nine millionth “Wanta Fanta.”
Anyway. The Pep! ad in the last panel is an obvious nod to this Coke commercial:
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Friday, August 15, 2014
There’s no telling how the film will turn out, but the trailer for The Theory of Everything impressed me by having a respectably balanced focus on both the life of Stephen Hawking (and relationship with his first wife) and the work he is so admired for, unlike so many other film biographies of so-called Great Men.
James Marsh (Man on Wire) directs Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones in the November 7th release.
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3