Notes from the Manager
False equivalence or irony? You make the call!
As someone who doesn’t watch broadcast or cable TV, I don’t see a lot of commercials, and so I find it really weird that on Super Bowl Sunday, people get all into… the ads. Fucking ads. The whole reason that I don’t watch TV in the first place! (I watch stuff on Hulu or iTunes or whatever — so I watch several TV shows, just not “TV.”)
But then people, including myself here, complain about them in front of movies. Maybe they just need to rotate them a little more often at movie theaters… Frequent movie-goers like myself want to start murdering people after the nine millionth “Wanta Fanta.”
Anyway. The Pep! ad in the last panel is an obvious nod to this Coke commercial:
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Monday, December 1, 2014
In addition to the Multiplex Book set being 25% off, the individual Multiplex books are now 20% off each — and for you digital comics readers, the PDF eBooks are on sale, as well. Check out the EXTREME SAVINGS at the Multiplex Store today!
I feel like a prostitute every time I write copy like this. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Other Recent Posts
- “Steeping” by Gordon McAlpin
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series