Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #800: See It with a Bud
This will get explained indirectly or otherwise in the next strip or so, but since it’s not supposed to be a point of suspense, I’ll save you the math: 24 tickets means they made $192.
For context, looking at this past Tuesday on Box Office Mojo, the film it would have replaced would have made roughly $100–130 (12–16 tickets) the whole day — so maybe four people in the one screening they replaced.
20 extra people doesn’t sound too bad until you factor in the rental cost of the movie, which would have been around $300.
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, February 4, 2016
Today, I said goodbye to my best friend and my uncredited assistant since Multiplex began. As you may know from previous posts here, he has had some health issues for a while, and… well, the short version is, a new infection (compounded by his other issues) raised the question of the quality of his life. We had a good eighteen years.
Good night, sweet boy. I’ll miss you.
Multiplex is taking a short break.
UPDATE: Multiplex will start updating again on 2/12.
Other Recent Posts
- Work on Book Three has begun.
- Multiplex is back (yes, already!)
- Multiplex is on a short hiatus.
- Major NASA Announcement
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers something something… the third one, anyway
- Multiplex Movie Review: Ex Machina
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers (2007)