Notes from the Manager
For those of you who don’t pay attention to the Deleted Scenes blog (i.e. those of you who read using the Multiplex app for iPhone and iPod touch), thanks to the Patreon backers passing the $600/month Milestone Goal, the Multiplex website is now completely ad-free and reader supported.
That means I can fill up the full width of the site with the comic, and I’ve made all of Chapter 34 to date 900px wide. That’s 25% bigger! Since the iOS app uses the same images, this means the strip images in the app are 25% bigger, too. So if you love the Multiplex app, consider tossing us a few bucks a month via Patreon. (The $99/year iOS Developer Program fee keeps it in the App Store, and it’s one of the many costs of doing Multiplex.)
My programmer (Daniel Farrelly) and I are working on more improvements to the website — including a new, responsive layout (that will look more or less like this one, but… bigger) and retina-friendly graphics. Stay tuned for news about that!
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)