Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #125: All Right, Already
Uh… well, this was supposed to be about The Dark Knight, but two things happened: (1) the Watchmen teaser slipped onto the interwebs a day early, and (2) I realized I didn't have anything to say about The Dark Knight since I haven't seen it yet. So, Monday, then.
To those of you who aren't quite as up on your movie trivia as most Multiplex readers and couldn't figure it out (and can't be arsed to click on the related strips, which would have explained it to you), Slow-Mo Spartan Storybook Time means 300, which was — like Watchmen — directed by Zack Snyder.
If you haven't seen 300, this clip from early in the film will give you a taste. (Unfortunately, the only example of the incessant narration Jason is referring to with the "Storybook Time" part is at the very end, at about the 8:00 mark.) While some of the slow-mo stuff looks neat enough, it just seems like a big fat exclamation point on whatever is going on in the movie at the moment — and after a full movie of it, it gets annoying. Very, very annoying. (To Jason, not Kurt.)
The slow-mo bits in the Watchmen trailer seem to hint at more of the same — although admittedly this sort of thing is (over)used constantly in trailers these days, even when it's not used in the actual films.
Help support Multiplex!
Patron rewards include free Multiplex eBooks, bonus comics, “behind the scenes” art, sketches, and more!
You can also support Multiplex by buying Multiplex merch from the Multiplex Store, shopping at Amazon with this affiliate link (US only; for international readers: United Kingdom and Canada), or making a one-time donation via PayPal or Dwolla!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Tuesday, August 4, 2015
See you TOMORROW! It will be a regular update (so: #1045).
Other Recent Posts
- The Multiplex: The Revenge Kickstarter ends at 9PM Central!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Rock
- Multiplex Movie Review comics MILESTONE GOALS
- Download the first chapter of Multiplex: The Revenge FREE
- Multiplex: Enjoy Your Show is sold out — maybe?
- I had forgotten about an old poster design…
- Spider-Man sketch giveaway
- Multiplex: There and Back Again is $14.95 on Amazon for a limited time
- Jason sketch giveaway (and a Kickstarter update)