Notes from the Manager
Tune in LIVE to the Triple Feature tonight at 9:00 PM Central, to hear Tom, Joe and I shoot the shit about Monsters vs. Aliens and probably some other stuff. If you've always wanted to ask the three of us a question, we regularly answer reader/listener questions on the show — just shoot us an e-mail at group (at) thetriplefeature.com.
If you can't make it for the live recording, don't forget that you can always download the show as a podcast through iTunes — it's free, and believe me, you get what you pay for with the three of us. 100% professionals, we are. ahem
So! We have a bit of a contest — a Multiplex/Night Projectionist Give-away! Those of you who have been paying attention noticed the copy of The Night Projectionst #1 in the last few strips, and writer Robert Heske has been kind enough to sign three copies for me to give to three lucky winners. (You'll also get a free copy of the Multiplex eBook: HD Edition #1 not signed by anybody, but that's really old, so whatever.)
But I couldn't just give it away to three random people, no. Drawing inspiration from today's Multiplex strip, I want you to go to the Multiplex Forum (sign up if you have to) and share the story of your Creepiest Date Ever. You can use the term "creepy" loosely, if you want — just make it an interesting story. The three best stories before NEXT MONDAY will get copies of the comic(s). See additional rules in the forum post.
(If you don't win, don't feel bad — you can still read The Night Projectionist Noir online every week.)
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, April 17, 2014
This apparently hit big at Sundance, and who doesn’t like Jean-Ralphio’s sister on Parks & Rec? Okay, maybe a lot of people, but Jenny Slate is fuckin’ funny. Anyway. Obvious Child is an indie comedy-drama about a young potty-mouth comedian (Slate) who finds out she’s pregnant and… just watch this.
Obvious Child was written and directed by Gillian Robespierre. It hits theaters on June 6, 2014. It’s so indie, its official movie site is on Tumblr.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Rover theatrical trailer
- Trailer Watch: X-Men: Days of Future Past final trailer
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy
- I’ve been drawing Turtles, I guess. Here’s Leonardo.