Notes from the Manager
The movie theater Devi is referring to probably won't get named in the strip for fear of perturbing the owners, but it is the BIG Cinemas Golf Glen location, a five-theater multiplex showing a mix of Indian, Polish, Korean and Hollywood flicks. Its Ebony Lounge serves South Asian cuisine and is managed by India House (which is a fantastic fine-dining Indian restaurant in downtown Chicago). BIG Cinemas Golf Glen just opened a couple of weeks ago and is located in a strip mall on Golf Road in Niles near a bunch of ethnic restaurants: a Korean restaurant, a Filipino grocery store, and, yes, as Devi says, a Filipino restaurant, La Filipiniana. In other words, that strip mall is like a Asian movie- and food-lover's dream.
The movie Devi wants to see is Ghajini. Little does Jason know, it's a loose remake of a Tamil remake of Memento — and, no, I am not making this up. Here's one of the songs from it, featuring its star, Aamir Khan:
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)