Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #363: Call to Action
I did a little research for this strip by seeing Ghajini at the Big Cinemas Golf Glen. The staff was friendly and professional, and the theater itself is beautiful (having been freshly remodeled from its previous incarnations). They've still got a few kinks to work out with the presentation, but hopefully they'll get it all worked out soon.
The movie itself was surprisingly enjoyable for something so completely unoriginal. The film really is exactly as Jason described it: a terrible Memento rip-off smooshed together with a cheeseball romantic comedy, and then a few music videos that have practically nothing to do with anything cut in every half hour or so. And it's three and a half hours long.
There's more than Memento, even. The opening credits are pretty much an imitation of Fight Club, and a scene where the sweet, romantic lead briskly walks an elderly gentleman down the street while describing the goings-on around them is flat-out plagiarized from Amélie.
But as Devi points out, the songs are good, there's a goofy sort of charm to the rom-com half of the film, and the leads are hot, so it's not a total waste of time. In fact, it's pretty fun.
(We'll get Jason's final verdict on Monday, I think.)
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, May 3, 2015
This is the final version of the Multiplex animated short I made for my Animation class this semester. No promises, but hopefully this will be the first of many! Thanks (again) to Matt Matonich for providing the voice of Kurt!
Some of you will recognize Jason’s final line as a title of Multiplex #285, so I’m sort of recycling something here, but not really. In any case, Jason and Kurt being in red vests is an indication that these shorts take place outside of current Multiplex continuity.
Other Recent Posts
- Tell me a story. (Looking for a prose writer for an eBook single.) — UPDATED
- Leonard Nimoy (1931–2015)
- Cyber Monday is stupid, but the books are on sale, anyway!
- “Steeping” by Gordon McAlpin
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer