Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #295: Common Courtesy
We're fast approaching the $3000 mark! Don't let it slow down just yet!
Regarding today's strip — I was at a theater in Bloomington, Indiana, last weekend where they actually did this: some poor employee had to stand in front of the theater and run through this whole spiel about the refills and emergency exit instructions (which were just as stupid as this) and some other bullshit before every single show.
I was absolutely stunned that the theater managers/owners thought this was a good idea, but hell, maybe it actually boosted their concessions sales or something. I can't imagine it accomplished anything else.
ALSO! An interview with me about Multiplex and the Kickstarter Project has gone up at Gapers Block, my hometown news blog site thing. It covers a bit of ground that I don't believe I've ever touched on in other interviews — like how I got into comics in the first place and Multiplex's relationship with Chicago — so even if you've read most of my other interviews, you should checkitout!
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, July 27, 2014
Yes. May 15, 2015.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3
- Trailer Watch: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes final trailer