Notes from the Manager
We have two milestones to celebrate today:
(1) Multiplex has hit #400! I don't make a fuss about these round-number milestones, because I've done so many unnumbered bonus strips that I've really already done more than 400 Multiplex strips, but some of you guys dig them. So hooray.
(2) The Multiplex Kickstarter project has reached the half-way mark! In the build-up to reaching the half-way mark, I announced (via Twitter and Facebook) a little bonus reward thing where anybody who pledged before Thursday (Wednesday night at midnight) was entered into a random drawing to win one of five printed and signed copies of the Multiplex: Chapter 1 comic. (Not to be confused with the Mutliplex: Book 1 collection that the Kickstarter project is funding. The Chapter 1 print comic is basically the first eBook, except on paper.)
I hadn't planned on us actually reaching the half-way mark before Monday, but… well, we did. In just three weeks!
Anyway, so if you pledge ANY amount between now and Thursday, you'll be eligible to win one of five copies. (Note that these aren't yet printed, so they won't get shipped out for a while. They will eventually be available in the Multiplex Store, as well.)
This means, of course, that we have another
$3750 $3700 to raise in about ten weeks. But don't let the pledges die off now! Even if you don't win a copy of the Chapter 1 print comic, there will be more drawings for more free stuff in the future, and any backer will be eligible (unless you've already won something, or you're related to me, or you're a close personal friend of mine whom I think should be ineligible because it wouldn't be fair to my regular readers).
Don't forget, there's are also coupon codes for a free copy of the Chapter 1 HD edition and $2 off any of the T-shirts in the Multiplex Store for all past, present, and future Kickstarter backers, so you've got all sorts of reasons not to hesitate and pledge today!
Other less exciting news is that, alas, there will not be a Triple Feature tonight. Tom's had another hard drive failure and so his computer is basically/entirely out of commission, and I have stitches in my tongue, so I can't talk for extended periods of time very comfortably. Pain killers help. (They do not help me concentrate in order to draw comics, however.)
The stitches, in case you are curious, are from a biopsy. I have a white spot on my tongue that my dentist and doctor wanted to have checked out. There is a 95% chance of it being benign, so let's not make a big deal about it; I'll let you all know what's up when I know what's up. The most annoying part of it is, I also have a cold. So like just when I need to be gorging myself with lots of hot food, that's the last thing I want to put in my mouth. :1 Such is life.
Anyway! There will be three updates this week. (You gotta know what happens to Jason, right?) So, I'll see you on Wednesday!
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
• A free eBook every month (or so)!
• Multiplex Movie Reviews and
other bonus comics
• Character doodles!
• Invites to Google Hangouts!
• Sneak peeks at early and in-progress
strips and artwork!
• and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, March 6, 2014
Be warned: this is really a three minute clip from the movie with a 1-minute trailer at the end. AND there is one or two spoilery things that you may not want to see, if you want to go into the theater with as close to a blank slate as possible.
However. If that doesn’t bother you, it is pretty awesome. The action we see here is a lot of fun.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier stars Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Cobie Smulders, Frank Grillo, Emily VanCamp, Hayley Atwell, Robert Redford and Samuel L. Jackson. It hits theaters on April 4, 2014.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Stage Fright, a horror-comedy-musical
- Trailer Watch: Boom! Kaboom! Pazow! Zap!
- Multiplex Chapter eBooks: the pre-release editions — and a word about Book Three
- They PRE-ORDERED Multiplex: There and Back Again (Book Two). What happened next blew their frickin’ minds.
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla official main trailer