Notes from the Manager
We have two milestones to celebrate today:
(1) Multiplex has hit #400! I don't make a fuss about these round-number milestones, because I've done so many unnumbered bonus strips that I've really already done more than 400 Multiplex strips, but some of you guys dig them. So hooray.
(2) The Multiplex Kickstarter project has reached the half-way mark! In the build-up to reaching the half-way mark, I announced (via Twitter and Facebook) a little bonus reward thing where anybody who pledged before Thursday (Wednesday night at midnight) was entered into a random drawing to win one of five printed and signed copies of the Multiplex: Chapter 1 comic. (Not to be confused with the Mutliplex: Book 1 collection that the Kickstarter project is funding. The Chapter 1 print comic is basically the first eBook, except on paper.)
I hadn't planned on us actually reaching the half-way mark before Monday, but… well, we did. In just three weeks!
Anyway, so if you pledge ANY amount between now and Thursday, you'll be eligible to win one of five copies. (Note that these aren't yet printed, so they won't get shipped out for a while. They will eventually be available in the Multiplex Store, as well.)
This means, of course, that we have another
$3750 $3700 to raise in about ten weeks. But don't let the pledges die off now! Even if you don't win a copy of the Chapter 1 print comic, there will be more drawings for more free stuff in the future, and any backer will be eligible (unless you've already won something, or you're related to me, or you're a close personal friend of mine whom I think should be ineligible because it wouldn't be fair to my regular readers).
Don't forget, there's are also coupon codes for a free copy of the Chapter 1 HD edition and $2 off any of the T-shirts in the Multiplex Store for all past, present, and future Kickstarter backers, so you've got all sorts of reasons not to hesitate and pledge today!
Other less exciting news is that, alas, there will not be a Triple Feature tonight. Tom's had another hard drive failure and so his computer is basically/entirely out of commission, and I have stitches in my tongue, so I can't talk for extended periods of time very comfortably. Pain killers help. (They do not help me concentrate in order to draw comics, however.)
The stitches, in case you are curious, are from a biopsy. I have a white spot on my tongue that my dentist and doctor wanted to have checked out. There is a 95% chance of it being benign, so let's not make a big deal about it; I'll let you all know what's up when I know what's up. The most annoying part of it is, I also have a cold. So like just when I need to be gorging myself with lots of hot food, that's the last thing I want to put in my mouth. :1 Such is life.
Anyway! There will be three updates this week. (You gotta know what happens to Jason, right?) So, I'll see you on Wednesday!
But wait! There’s more!
Although Multiplex will be ending soon, thanks to readers like you on Patreon, the Multiplex 10 will stay open for business! I’ll be posting bonus comics from future print collections, Multiplex Movie Review strips, updates on the upcoming Multiplex animated short, and, of course, other non-Multiplex stuff.
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Friday, February 17, 2017
Heads up, completists. I have a three page story in the new Mae Volume One TPB from Dark Horse Comics. This is the same one I co-wrote (with Mae creator Gene Ha) and as a thank-you for backers of its original Kickstarter edition — and Dark Horse’s editors decided to include the story in the back matter of this new collection, along with a bunch of other short stories by other great creators.
BUT… I have a story in a Dark Horse-published book! That’s cool!
If you’re not familiar with Mae, it’s an all-ages adventure comic by Gene Ha (Top Ten and a billion other comics). Here’s the official Dark Horse synopsis:
When she was just a girl, Abbie discovered a portal to a fantasy world and has since had great adventures there: defeating horrible monsters, power-mad scientists, and evil nobles. But when she turned twenty-one it all came apart and she decided to return home. Her sister, Mae, had no idea what happened to Abbie all this time, and Abbie’s tales are too hard to believe—that is, until the monsters and other terrible creatures start to cross over to our world . . . Collects issues #1–#6.
I highly recommend it. It is a lot of fun. You can learn more about Mae Volume One on Amazon.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex: The Revenge final cover
- Multiplex: Chapter 15 — and the full Book Three eBook set — are now available!
- Production on Book Three is winding down
- Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available!
- “Autobiography” (excerpt)
- Multiplex will be back on Monday
- Multiplex: Chapter 13 is now available!
- Multiplex: Chapter 12 is now available!
- The Sessions: Voice Acting in Anime and Video Games
- Multiplex will be back soon. (updated)