Notes from the Manager
We have two milestones to celebrate today:
(1) Multiplex has hit #400! I don't make a fuss about these round-number milestones, because I've done so many unnumbered bonus strips that I've really already done more than 400 Multiplex strips, but some of you guys dig them. So hooray.
(2) The Multiplex Kickstarter project has reached the half-way mark! In the build-up to reaching the half-way mark, I announced (via Twitter and Facebook) a little bonus reward thing where anybody who pledged before Thursday (Wednesday night at midnight) was entered into a random drawing to win one of five printed and signed copies of the Multiplex: Chapter 1 comic. (Not to be confused with the Mutliplex: Book 1 collection that the Kickstarter project is funding. The Chapter 1 print comic is basically the first eBook, except on paper.)
I hadn't planned on us actually reaching the half-way mark before Monday, but… well, we did. In just three weeks!
Anyway, so if you pledge ANY amount between now and Thursday, you'll be eligible to win one of five copies. (Note that these aren't yet printed, so they won't get shipped out for a while. They will eventually be available in the Multiplex Store, as well.)
This means, of course, that we have another
$3750 $3700 to raise in about ten weeks. But don't let the pledges die off now! Even if you don't win a copy of the Chapter 1 print comic, there will be more drawings for more free stuff in the future, and any backer will be eligible (unless you've already won something, or you're related to me, or you're a close personal friend of mine whom I think should be ineligible because it wouldn't be fair to my regular readers).
Don't forget, there's are also coupon codes for a free copy of the Chapter 1 HD edition and $2 off any of the T-shirts in the Multiplex Store for all past, present, and future Kickstarter backers, so you've got all sorts of reasons not to hesitate and pledge today!
Other less exciting news is that, alas, there will not be a Triple Feature tonight. Tom's had another hard drive failure and so his computer is basically/entirely out of commission, and I have stitches in my tongue, so I can't talk for extended periods of time very comfortably. Pain killers help. (They do not help me concentrate in order to draw comics, however.)
The stitches, in case you are curious, are from a biopsy. I have a white spot on my tongue that my dentist and doctor wanted to have checked out. There is a 95% chance of it being benign, so let's not make a big deal about it; I'll let you all know what's up when I know what's up. The most annoying part of it is, I also have a cold. So like just when I need to be gorging myself with lots of hot food, that's the last thing I want to put in my mouth. :1 Such is life.
Anyway! There will be three updates this week. (You gotta know what happens to Jason, right?) So, I'll see you on Wednesday!
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)