Notes from the Manager
First things first: the good news.
The survey has ended, and between the comments I got there, the overall number of people who said yes they would buy one, and (well, okay, mainly) a couple of very impressive printing quotes I've received, the cover price of the book will now be $20.
The bad news is… that's only if the Kickstarter project succeeds! Without the Kickstarter funding, the book will not happen. At least not for another year or so. No time to create all the new material for the book, no time to put it all together, and certainly not enough money to pay for the print run and shipping from China, customs clearance, an ISBN number, etc.
If you are a big fan of Multiplex, please consider pledging at the $30 level or higher. It's not just to get your copy of the print book (with free shipping!), the eBooks, a thank you, and access to all of the exclusive bonus content I will be showering backers with once the project is successful (especially in February and March, when I'll be buckling down to finish the book) — it's to help support Multiplex, because while every penny of the Kickstarter funds will go towards the book itself, the profits from the book will finance Book 2 and hopefully one or two spin-off projects (yes, Multiplex spin-offs), as well.
Even if you can't afford the $30 level, you'll get the first two HD eBooks free (the second one will be done in the next few weeks, I hope) and access to the exclusive content at any level — even if you just pledge $1! You'll also be eligible to win Cool Shit in occasional random drawings. But after December 11th, the Club of Awesome's doors are locked!
Think of the Multiplex: Book 1 Kickstarter Project like NPR or PBS: sure, you get (most of) the content for free, but if you want to continue getting the same great comics — or, actually, more of them — then please pledge today!
In other news (but kind of not), the Fanboy Radio interview from Sunday is online now, for your podcasting pleasure. The episode, #528, featured Kickstarter co-founder Yancy Strickler and cartoonist Jamie Tanner (The Aviary), who has successfully funded his second graphic novel through Kickstarter, and then of course myself, talking about Multiplex and the Kickstarter project.
UPDATE (10/23): Oh my god. When you guys get excited about something, you guys get excited. The Multiplex/Kickstarter project raised over $600 in the past two days — more than enough to be successfully funded on its end date — but please, keep those pledges coming! This Kickstarter update outlines (most of?) shows how reaching the $7500 goal just covers about 2/3 of the costs associated with printing the book and the Kickstarter Project — to say nothing of my living expenses while I finish the book, which the project was meant to cover, as well.
Thank you so much to everyone who has pledged to date. Keep telling your friends to support the project, though — we've got 49 days left to keep raising money for the book, and by gum, we should take advantage of them.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)