Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #100: Another Fine Mess…
I'd really like to push for the $10,000 level over these next couple of weeks, so that more of the print run is covered by the Kickstarter funds.
Towards that end, for every $250 we raise above $8500 I'll be giving away a free copy of the Multiplex/Memento parody mini-poster and a set of five buttons to one lucky backer. If we reach $10,000 by the time the strip goes up on November 12th, though, I'll give away ten copies. [NOTE: if you've already pledged, you are already eligible — but if you want to increase your chances of winning, you can always increase your pledge!]
That's ten days to raise $1,255 — that's actually less than we've averaged to date, so I'm sure we can do it.
Oh yeah: this week's strips are all set on Halloween night. (I'm always a little behind my holidays.) I'm not 100% sure if it'll be a three-parter or not just yet, though. Check back Thursday either way, then, and if it is a three-parter, then you'll have a bonus on Friday. (You could also subscribe to the RSS feed or follow my Twitter account, y'know.)
UPDATE (11/3): Here's a bonus strip for you today, though — but only if you're a Kickstarter backer. The second part of the "Hostile Makeover" story explaining Becky's redesign is up as the latest Kickstarter update. As with the previous one, it's set after #42 in the archives and will appear in the the second eBook, as well as the Multiplex: Book 1 collection, of course. The third strip in this series will be back at the Multiplex 10 and hopefully come a lot quicker. (You see why I need time off of work to finish the print book, now, don't you? Because with a day job and the regular update schedule, it would take me years to get the bonus material finished.)
UPDATE (11/4): Looks like there will only be one more regular update this week (but it's a long one). It'll post
Thursday, possibly Friday.
UPDATE (11/5): Ran out of time (and energy), so #411 will post on Friday (or late Thursday night). Sorry! There is that bonus strip over at the Kickstarter update page, though. Pledge $1 and read it, then come back tomorrow. :) [Don't forget that if you pledge, you get access to all the bonus content/updates, including the first two eBooks for free — even if you just pledge $1. The second one isn't out yet, mind you. Soon!]
I would also like to point out that this is the first update I've totally missed in about two years. So nyeah.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)