Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #485: The Floater, Part One
For those of you who aren't Kickstarter backers (and don't follow me on Twitter or Facebook or wherever), there are two bits of news about the Book 1 collection that I can share with yaz:
1. Multiplex: Book 1 now has the official (sub-)title of "Enjoy Your Show." Or, really, Multiplex: Enjoy Your Show. It was one of the first titles I came up with, and while I was trying to come up with something else (because of a little-known and now out of print novel by the same name that I've never read), I just kept coming back to it. So: Enjoy Your Show, it is.
2. The Prequel story is now complete, so there are TWO final things left to do. Namely, proofing the book before I send it to the printer and the cover illustration, which… is gonna take some designing, but will at least be fun. Unlike the proofing.
I expect it'll take a few days to design and draw the cover illustration, and I'd like at least a full week of proofing and re-proofing and re-re-proofing, because once I send it to the printer, it'll be a lot harder (and potentially very expensive) to fix anything.
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, February 11, 2016
This flyer design (including the illustrations, obviously) was a quick freelance project created for Chris Rager, the (English dub) voice of Hercule in Dragon Ball Z and Torgue in Borderlands 2 — a.k.a. the two characters shown here, if you’re unfamiliar with them. He’s starting up a class on voice acting next month and wanted something eye-catching to help promote it.
I met Chris at a convention a year or two ago (that’s why he called me to do this!), and he’s a blast, so if you’re in the Plano, Texas, area and interested, definitely look into this course. The first class runs from March 15th–April 5th, Tuesday evenings from 7–10 pm. (Four classes for three hours each class.)
I don’t know any more details, so just read the flyer!
If nothing else, I thought you guys might like the illustration.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex will be back soon. (updated)
- Work on Book Three has begun.
- Multiplex is back (yes, already!)
- Multiplex is on a short hiatus.
- Major NASA Announcement
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers something something… the third one, anyway
- Multiplex Movie Review: Ex Machina
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen