Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #384: Jargon Hunting
"Max" is actually Maximiliano Cárdenas III — and, no, I didn't make up that name. Max is actually one of the Kickstarter backers, who had arranged for a unique pledge incentive, namely becoming the model for a recurring character in the regular strip. (That mostly means this character was named after him and designed to look like him; otherwise, the character in not based on the real Max in any way. I have the broad strokes of the series planned waaaay out in advance, and what he asked for fit with a character I'd already planned to introduce but hadn't yet designed or named… although I'm sure it doesn't always look like it.)
Since he was a Kickstarter backer, as well, he'll appear in the Multiplex: Book 1 prequel story, where we get a brief glimpse of him as a Multiplex 10 employee, albeit in a costume for the Revenge of the Sith premiere.
With this and Thursday's strip, we're finishing up Chapter 21, and Chapter 22 will start next week. That means we're about 1/5 of the way through Book 5.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)