Notes from the Manager
(Yes, this strip is named after the Men at Work song.)
The Haunting (1963, directed by Robert Wise) is the first of many film adaptations of Shirley Jackson's novella "The Haunting of Hill House." The film — despite its G rating, early-sixties timeframe and nearly nonexistent special effects — is indeed super creepy. In fact, Martin Scorsese placed it in his "11 Scariest Horror Movies of All Time" list for The Daily Beast. (It was at the top of the list, but I'm not 100% sure it was an ordered list.)
I watched it on Amazon Streaming, incidentally, and highly recommend it.
There are a couple of hints as to what movie #2 in tonight's double feature might be in this strip, but I ain't telling until Monday.
By the way! If you live in the Detroit area (or close enough), I will be at Penguicon this weekend (Friday 4/29–Sunday 5/1), in the Dealer Room somewhere or another. (I'll also be on a couple of panels: "Marketing Your Comic" at noon on Saturday in Ballroom B and "Balancing Comedy and Drama in a Webcomic" at 5pm on Saturday in Ballroom G.) I will, naturally, have copies of the book with me, and I'll be doing sketches and such-like, as well.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Thursday, June 15, 2017
Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is now available in the Multiplex Store! (Only regular/unsigned editions are available at this time; I’ll add artist’s editions once all of the Kickstarter rewards have been fulfilled.)
Multiplex: The Revenge collects chapters 11–15 of the series (strips #217–338, which ran from March 2008 to March 2009), plus over 30 bonus comics — including an all-new stories sets on opening night of The Dark Knight and Zack Snyder’s Watchmen! If you miss Multiplex and would like to see more with these characters, the book collections are for you.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie