Notes from the Manager
(Yes, this strip is named after the Men at Work song.)
The Haunting (1963, directed by Robert Wise) is the first of many film adaptations of Shirley Jackson's novella "The Haunting of Hill House." The film — despite its G rating, early-sixties timeframe and nearly nonexistent special effects — is indeed super creepy. In fact, Martin Scorsese placed it in his "11 Scariest Horror Movies of All Time" list for The Daily Beast. (It was at the top of the list, but I'm not 100% sure it was an ordered list.)
I watched it on Amazon Streaming, incidentally, and highly recommend it.
There are a couple of hints as to what movie #2 in tonight's double feature might be in this strip, but I ain't telling until Monday.
By the way! If you live in the Detroit area (or close enough), I will be at Penguicon this weekend (Friday 4/29–Sunday 5/1), in the Dealer Room somewhere or another. (I'll also be on a couple of panels: "Marketing Your Comic" at noon on Saturday in Ballroom B and "Balancing Comedy and Drama in a Webcomic" at 5pm on Saturday in Ballroom G.) I will, naturally, have copies of the book with me, and I'll be doing sketches and such-like, as well.
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
This is the most standard action movie trailer yet for X-Men: Days of Future Past, but also the best overview of the plot of the actual film (not to be confused with the premise/basic set-up of sending Wolvie back in time in order to blah blah blah).
Pretty cool stuff. The movie finally comes out on May 23, 2014.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy
- I’ve been drawing Turtles, I guess. Here’s Leonardo.
- “Inside the greatest sci-fi film never made” by Bryan Bishop
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles official trailer