Notes from the Manager
1. This is the end of Chapter 26. Chapter 27 will start up on Thursday with the very first scene (more or less) of the movie, so… yay. Finally.
2. There's a new thing in the Multiplex Store: a Multiplex: The Movie “sponsorship.”
Basically, it is like the $200-level Kickstarter reward where people got to have cameos in Book 1 Prequel story. Since this cameo doesn’t come with the book or a T-shirt and whatnot, though, it is $100. It does, however, include a print of the first strip you appear in, so there’s shipping on top of that). So… it’s still not cheap, but well, you know, it’s really more to support the strip and get something kinda cool in return, not just pay me to draw you into the comic. (If you do want a T-shirt, as well, I Believe in George Romero shirts are still available!)
3. A few of you have asked whether I plan to do a full-fledged Kickstarter for Book 2, and the answer is “probably”; I’m just not in a financial position to take several months off from paying freelance work this time, as I was when Book 1 was under way, so I want to have nearly all of the bonus comics in the can before I launch it (if I launch it).
4. Just so none of you hover your mouse over the nav menu at the top and wait for the drop-downs to show up, they won’t anymore. I got rid of the drop-down, to make the site a little more modern, a little more touch-friendly. There is, however, now a sitemap in the footer of every page, so there you go. Still easy to get anywhere in just one little click… after you scroll past all the comments.
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Saturday, May 28, 2016
Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available! If you’re a Kickstarter or Patreon backer, you have already been notified about this, but for those of you who aren’t, you can get it from Gumroad superfast, or you can get it from the Multiplex Store. Either way supports the continued creation of Multiplex.
In Multiplex: Chapter 14, Jason reads a book while the Flickhead and Multiplex crews play more video games. This is some heavy shit here, broh! This volume collects strips #287–310 from the Multiplex archives, plus five bonus comics not found online!
I’ve probably mentioned this before, but I hope to continue making new Multiplex comics for these collections at about the same pace as the regular comic (two a week) over at Patreon, and then releasing the eBook collections with this material every 4–6 weeks or so. (And then funding a print collection through Kickstarter after all of the bonus material is finished — rather than funding the creation of that new material with the Kickstarter as I’ve done for the first three books.)
So just because the strip will be finished doesn’t mean Multiplex is going to disappear entirely!
Other Recent Posts
- “Autobiography” (excerpt)
- Multiplex will be back on Monday
- Multiplex: Chapter 13 is now available!
- Multiplex: Chapter 12 is now available!
- The Sessions: Voice Acting in Anime and Video Games
- Multiplex will be back soon. (updated)
- Work on Book Three has begun.
- Multiplex is back (yes, already!)
- Multiplex is on a short hiatus.
- Major NASA Announcement