Notes from the Manager
1. This is the end of Chapter 26. Chapter 27 will start up on Thursday with the very first scene (more or less) of the movie, so… yay. Finally.
2. There's a new thing in the Multiplex Store: a Multiplex: The Movie “sponsorship.”
Basically, it is like the $200-level Kickstarter reward where people got to have cameos in Book 1 Prequel story. Since this cameo doesn’t come with the book or a T-shirt and whatnot, though, it is $100. It does, however, include a print of the first strip you appear in, so there’s shipping on top of that). So… it’s still not cheap, but well, you know, it’s really more to support the strip and get something kinda cool in return, not just pay me to draw you into the comic. (If you do want a T-shirt, as well, I Believe in George Romero shirts are still available!)
3. A few of you have asked whether I plan to do a full-fledged Kickstarter for Book 2, and the answer is “probably”; I’m just not in a financial position to take several months off from paying freelance work this time, as I was when Book 1 was under way, so I want to have nearly all of the bonus comics in the can before I launch it (if I launch it).
4. Just so none of you hover your mouse over the nav menu at the top and wait for the drop-downs to show up, they won’t anymore. I got rid of the drop-down, to make the site a little more modern, a little more touch-friendly. There is, however, now a sitemap in the footer of every page, so there you go. Still easy to get anywhere in just one little click… after you scroll past all the comments.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, March 29, 2015
I want to take a foray into electronic publishing.
I am looking for a (prose) writer to provide a short story, novella or non-fiction story that I will turn into an iBooks-formatted eBook for sale (in the iBookstore), released under my Chase Sequence publishing imprint. Chase Sequence published Multiplex: There and Back Again, which won the 2014 IPBA Gold Medal for Best Graphic Novel/Drawn Book–Humor/Cartoon, so technically it is an award-winning publisher.
There is no limitation with regard to genre, but I will say that my taste in prose leans strongly toward literary fiction and non-fiction, and toward characters, psychology, and well-written prose over plot. (Margaret Atwood is my favorite writer.)
What to Submit: A pitch for a 30+ page, prose short story/novella/non-fiction piece. No comics — no picture books. If you have already written the short story, great, but it must be previously unpublished. Please include links or URLs to a resumé and examples of previous published work would be helpful, to give me a feel for your voice.
Send questions (or submissions) to gordon at multiplexcomic.com.
The Terms: No money up front, but 50% of the cover price in exchange for one year of exclusivity (from the date of publication). The writer retains all other rights to their story. These will be sold via iBooks only (at least at first), which means that Apple will get 30% and I will get 20% for my contributions: I will edit the story; I will design and produce the eBook; I will illustrate a cover for it (or hire someone else to, if I’m not the best fit for the story); I will help promote it.
Please submit your pitch before April 30, 2015. I will notify the selected writer(s) I am interested in working with as soon as possible after that.
Other Recent Posts
- Leonard Nimoy (1931–2015)
- Cyber Monday is stupid, but the books are on sale, anyway!
- “Steeping” by Gordon McAlpin
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer