Notes from the Manager
1. This is the end of Chapter 26. Chapter 27 will start up on Thursday with the very first scene (more or less) of the movie, so… yay. Finally.
2. There's a new thing in the Multiplex Store: a Multiplex: The Movie “sponsorship.”
Basically, it is like the $200-level Kickstarter reward where people got to have cameos in Book 1 Prequel story. Since this cameo doesn’t come with the book or a T-shirt and whatnot, though, it is $100. It does, however, include a print of the first strip you appear in, so there’s shipping on top of that). So… it’s still not cheap, but well, you know, it’s really more to support the strip and get something kinda cool in return, not just pay me to draw you into the comic. (If you do want a T-shirt, as well, I Believe in George Romero shirts are still available!)
3. A few of you have asked whether I plan to do a full-fledged Kickstarter for Book 2, and the answer is “probably”; I’m just not in a financial position to take several months off from paying freelance work this time, as I was when Book 1 was under way, so I want to have nearly all of the bonus comics in the can before I launch it (if I launch it).
4. Just so none of you hover your mouse over the nav menu at the top and wait for the drop-downs to show up, they won’t anymore. I got rid of the drop-down, to make the site a little more modern, a little more touch-friendly. There is, however, now a sitemap in the footer of every page, so there you go. Still easy to get anywhere in just one little click… after you scroll past all the comments.
But wait! There’s more!
Although Multiplex will be ending soon, thanks to readers like you on Patreon, the Multiplex 10 will stay open for business! I’ll be posting bonus comics from future print collections, Multiplex Movie Review strips, updates on the upcoming Multiplex animated short, and, of course, other non-Multiplex stuff.
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Friday, February 17, 2017
Heads up, completists. I have a three page story in the new Mae Volume One TPB from Dark Horse Comics. This is the same one I co-wrote (with Mae creator Gene Ha) and as a thank-you for backers of its original Kickstarter edition — and Dark Horse’s editors decided to include the story in the back matter of this new collection, along with a bunch of other short stories by other great creators.
BUT… I have a story in a Dark Horse-published book! That’s cool!
If you’re not familiar with Mae, it’s an all-ages adventure comic by Gene Ha (Top Ten and a billion other comics). Here’s the official Dark Horse synopsis:
When she was just a girl, Abbie discovered a portal to a fantasy world and has since had great adventures there: defeating horrible monsters, power-mad scientists, and evil nobles. But when she turned twenty-one it all came apart and she decided to return home. Her sister, Mae, had no idea what happened to Abbie all this time, and Abbie’s tales are too hard to believe—that is, until the monsters and other terrible creatures start to cross over to our world . . . Collects issues #1–#6.
I highly recommend it. It is a lot of fun. You can learn more about Mae Volume One on Amazon.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex: The Revenge final cover
- Multiplex: Chapter 15 — and the full Book Three eBook set — are now available!
- Production on Book Three is winding down
- Multiplex: Chapter 14 is now available!
- “Autobiography” (excerpt)
- Multiplex will be back on Monday
- Multiplex: Chapter 13 is now available!
- Multiplex: Chapter 12 is now available!
- The Sessions: Voice Acting in Anime and Video Games
- Multiplex will be back soon. (updated)