Notes from the Manager
1. This is the end of Chapter 26. Chapter 27 will start up on Thursday with the very first scene (more or less) of the movie, so… yay. Finally.
2. There's a new thing in the Multiplex Store: a Multiplex: The Movie “sponsorship.”
Basically, it is like the $200-level Kickstarter reward where people got to have cameos in Book 1 Prequel story. Since this cameo doesn’t come with the book or a T-shirt and whatnot, though, it is $100. It does, however, include a print of the first strip you appear in, so there’s shipping on top of that). So… it’s still not cheap, but well, you know, it’s really more to support the strip and get something kinda cool in return, not just pay me to draw you into the comic. (If you do want a T-shirt, as well, I Believe in George Romero shirts are still available!)
3. A few of you have asked whether I plan to do a full-fledged Kickstarter for Book 2, and the answer is “probably”; I’m just not in a financial position to take several months off from paying freelance work this time, as I was when Book 1 was under way, so I want to have nearly all of the bonus comics in the can before I launch it (if I launch it).
4. Just so none of you hover your mouse over the nav menu at the top and wait for the drop-downs to show up, they won’t anymore. I got rid of the drop-down, to make the site a little more modern, a little more touch-friendly. There is, however, now a sitemap in the footer of every page, so there you go. Still easy to get anywhere in just one little click… after you scroll past all the comments.
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, February 11, 2016
This flyer design (including the illustrations, obviously) was a quick freelance project created for Chris Rager, the (English dub) voice of Hercule in Dragon Ball Z and Torgue in Borderlands 2 — a.k.a. the two characters shown here, if you’re unfamiliar with them. He’s starting up a class on voice acting next month and wanted something eye-catching to help promote it.
I met Chris at a convention a year or two ago (that’s why he called me to do this!), and he’s a blast, so if you’re in the Plano, Texas, area and interested, definitely look into this course. The first class runs from March 15th–April 5th, Tuesday evenings from 7–10 pm. (Four classes for three hours each class.)
I don’t know any more details, so just read the flyer!
If nothing else, I thought you guys might like the illustration.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex will be back soon. (updated)
- Work on Book Three has begun.
- Multiplex is back (yes, already!)
- Multiplex is on a short hiatus.
- Major NASA Announcement
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers something something… the third one, anyway
- Multiplex Movie Review: Ex Machina
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen