Notes from the Manager
1. This is the end of Chapter 26. Chapter 27 will start up on Thursday with the very first scene (more or less) of the movie, so… yay. Finally.
2. There's a new thing in the Multiplex Store: a Multiplex: The Movie “sponsorship.”
Basically, it is like the $200-level Kickstarter reward where people got to have cameos in Book 1 Prequel story. Since this cameo doesn’t come with the book or a T-shirt and whatnot, though, it is $100. It does, however, include a print of the first strip you appear in, so there’s shipping on top of that). So… it’s still not cheap, but well, you know, it’s really more to support the strip and get something kinda cool in return, not just pay me to draw you into the comic. (If you do want a T-shirt, as well, I Believe in George Romero shirts are still available!)
3. A few of you have asked whether I plan to do a full-fledged Kickstarter for Book 2, and the answer is “probably”; I’m just not in a financial position to take several months off from paying freelance work this time, as I was when Book 1 was under way, so I want to have nearly all of the bonus comics in the can before I launch it (if I launch it).
4. Just so none of you hover your mouse over the nav menu at the top and wait for the drop-downs to show up, they won’t anymore. I got rid of the drop-down, to make the site a little more modern, a little more touch-friendly. There is, however, now a sitemap in the footer of every page, so there you go. Still easy to get anywhere in just one little click… after you scroll past all the comments.
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
• A free eBook every month (or so)!
• Multiplex Movie Reviews and
other bonus comics
• Character doodles!
• Invites to Google Hangouts!
• Sneak peeks at early and in-progress
strips and artwork!
• and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Saturday, March 8, 2014
We’ve just hit the second milestone goal ($600)!
What this means is, once my patrons’ accounts are charged next (around the first of next month), MULTIPLEX WILL BE COMPLETELY READER-SUPPORTED AND DEVOID OF THOSE ANNOYING THIRD PARTY ADS. Thank you so incredibly much to all of the Patreon backers and anyone else who spread the word about the project (or Multiplex, really)!
Once I can roll out the reworked site, strip images will be significantly larger (most likely 900px wide), yet the website should still load a bit faster. My programmer Jelly and I are looking at making the site both responsive and retina-friendly at the same time, but those may take a while longer… so no promises for those just yet.
I would just yank the ads now, because I hate them, except that would screw up the site layout. Removing them is not quite as simple as it might seem, I’m afraid, and will involve a bit of a redesign, as I mention in the Milestone Goals sidebar over at Patreon.
When we reach the NEXT milestone goal ($1000): I will post (at least) four Multiplex Movie Reviews or other bonus comics per month here for patrons! So it will be allllmost like three strips per week.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4-minute preview trailer
- Trailer Watch: Stage Fright, a horror-comedy-musical
- Trailer Watch: Boom! Kaboom! Pazow! Zap!
- Multiplex Chapter eBooks: the pre-release editions — and a word about Book Three
- They PRE-ORDERED Multiplex: There and Back Again (Book Two). What happened next blew their frickin’ minds.