Notes from the Manager
My site hosts, Slicehost, went and got themselves bought and essentially shut down by Rackspace, so I've changed changed hosts yet again — this time to a relatively new company called 6sync. I can't give them an unqualified recommendation yet, since I've only used them for three days, but their pricing is fantastic and… so far so good.
We had a few hitches on Friday, neither of which 6sync is to blame for: the issues were partly because I deleted the old host prematurely (oops) and partly because a bot hacked into the site's database and screwed it all up, but I think everything is cleared up now…?
Anyway. I know I complain about the hand-drawn art a lot, so I suppose I should also mention that I'm really happy with the art in today's strip. See? I'm not down on my skillz all the time. (Granted, I retouched the hell out of the inks in Photoshop, but hey, the end result is the point, right?)
The reaction to the current arc has, really truly honestly, been overwhelmingly positive. In fact, it has been uniformly positive, and I've been having a blast doing it, even when I whine about the art not being as good as I see it in my head. Thanks, as always, for reading.
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Thursday, April 17, 2014
This apparently hit big at Sundance, and who doesn’t like Jean-Ralphio’s sister on Parks & Rec? Okay, maybe a lot of people, but Jenny Slate is fuckin’ funny. Anyway. Obvious Child is an indie comedy-drama about a young potty-mouth comedian (Slate) who finds out she’s pregnant and… just watch this.
Obvious Child was written and directed by Gillian Robespierre. It hits theaters on June 6, 2014. It’s so indie, its official movie site is on Tumblr.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Rover theatrical trailer
- Trailer Watch: X-Men: Days of Future Past final trailer
- Trailer Watch: David Fincher’s Gone Girl
- Trailer Watch: Guy Pearce in The Rover
- Trailer Watch: 22 Jump Street red band trailer
- Trailer Watch: How to Train Your Dragon 2 official trailer #3
- Spoiler Zone: Captain America: The Winter Soldier talkback
- Trailer Watch: Godzilla extended look
- Trailer Watch: ScarJo stars in Limitless 2: The Matrix — I mean, Lucy
- I’ve been drawing Turtles, I guess. Here’s Leonardo.