Notes from the Manager
And… back to the movie.
If anybody from Shortpacked! has decided to stick around with Multiplex after last week's crossover, as you might have guessed from this strip, we're in the middle of a story arc. So I'd recommend hopping back to the beginning of Chapter 26 to get caught up, if not the very beginning.
Special thanks to Phat Do and Chris Wood, two Multiplex: The Movie Sponsors who appear in panel 2. (Phat was also a Kickstarter backer and had an cameo in the Multiplex: Enjoy Your Show Prequel, so I was able to sneak his head into panel 1, as well.) Don't worry, guys. You'll be back. And thank you for your support!
There are a few more Sponsor spots left, although — as current sponsors know — I was a little off in my guess about when the bulk of these cameos would pop up. Soon. I want the cameos to be worthy of their generosity (and patience), and most of the earlier zombies needed to be existing Multiplex characters or were kind of crappy. There will be lots more zombies. But telling the story properly takes precedence.
One point of continuity for Multiplex readers: the crossover was actually set after the next few strips. (I'll be rearranging them in any collections I do at a later date.) The only thing that has to do with anything is that Phantom Menace 3D came out in February, so obviously they took place then. And the next few strips finishing off Chapter 27 are set in January, when they gang is just getting back to filming their movie after the holidays.
Join the Conversation
Posting Rules: Do not post comments about typos; e-mail me or use Twitter instead. No spamming, and no trolling. Inappropriate comments may be edited or deleted, and repeated or egregious offenders may be IP banned — so don’t be a dick. Please.comments powered by Disqus
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Monday, July 7, 2014
The second trailer for David Fincher’s Gone Girl is pretty damned great:
Gone Girl opens on October 3, 2014.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3
- Trailer Watch: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes final trailer
- Trailer Watch: Guardians of the Galaxy UK trailer