Notes from the Manager
The title is a reference to "Just" by Radiohead, naturally.
And if watch Community, you already know this, but if you don't, the "cool. cool cool cool" line is a nod to one of the best sitcoms going right now.
Aaand you can read a little more about the Teenage
Mutant Alien Ninja Turtles "controversy" over at Coming Soon. It's worth noting that Turtles co-creator Kevin Eastman is working on the film along with director Jonathan Liebesman (Battle: Los Angeles), and that there's really no telling how much Michael Bay is even involved. (The Transformers auteur is producing the Turtles film.)
The film is currently just titled Ninja Turtles, incidentally. According to Bay, that was Paramount's call.
One final reminder: I will be at Emerald City Comicon this weekend. In fact, by the time you read this, I'll probably be on my way there. So if you're headed there as well, be sure to stop by Booth 307, where I'll be set up with Angela Melick of Wasted Talent and my good friend Tom Brazelton of Theater Hopper, a stone's throw away from the rest of Blank Label Comics.
See you Monday!
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)