Notes from the Manager
I always like to point out that if you factor in bonus comics from Book 1 (and 2 so far) and things like that, I've done a fair number more than 700 Multiplex strips, but who doesn't like round numbers? Hooray for round numbers!
Do I have anybody around who started reading in the first or second year of the strip? I bet you wouldn't have expected this storyline five years ago (or at least the art in it).
As always, thank you for reading, everybody.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Friday, January 5, 2018
Thanks to 130 backers at the Indiegogo Second Chance campaign, we’ve raised a healthy budget for the Multiplex 10 animated short’s release, film festival submission fees, and other promotional expenses — including all-new animated videos featuring some of the staff of the Multiplex 10 Cinemas. In other words: Multiplex 10 is going to be a web series.
Now, the web series will be a little different from the animated short. Because the budget is much tighter, they’ll feature a limited cast (only Jason and Kurt at first) and only be a minute or two long. At least one of them will run between 2–3 minutes, because that’s what the second Indiegogo stretch goal was for, but not necessarily the first one. In other words, a little like the thank you video above.
Over time, and with enough funding, we’ll hopefully be able to bring back some of the other cast members from the short, as well. But this is also uncharted territory for me, so I need to start small. This all feels very much like the early days of the comic strip, which is really exciting to me.
You can help support the production of the web series (as well as the production of Multiplex bonus comics for the collected editions) by joining my Patreon, buying stuff from the Multiplex 10 Store, or renting or buying the Multiplex 10 short through Vimeo On Demand!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex 10 Indiegogo Second Chance campaign launches TOMORROW at 11am
- Multiplex: Chapter 16 is now available!
- Multiplex: The Revenge is now available!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk