Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #735: Closed Off
These are the unfinished pencils at the moment… I'm a little overwhelmed by school and freelance work at the moment.
I hope to ink the strip in the morning or afternoon and update the image. Until then, you get to see how my pencils have loosened up recently. You can also see how I've — very recently — started to use Illustrator to do some of the precise/tight stuff that I don't enjoy doing by hand. Drawing with a ruler is no fun. I still ink this stuff by hand, though, so the finished pages look consistent.
So yeah. See you again later today, perhaps? Or Monday.
UPDATE (9/13, 10am): Well, you guys seem happy enough with the pencils, it seems, so perhaps I'll save inking them for a week when I'm not quite so overwhelmed. Thanks for bearing with me, humoring my rough pencils, and — as always — for reading.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Hello! If you’re in the area, come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia with Phil Kahn of Guilded Age. We’ll be at Booth 1702. NOTE: I will only be there from June 2–4. No Thursday preview for me.
(Here’s a floor plan for your planning pleasure.)
If you use the coupon code GUILDED, you can get 20% off your advanced ticket orders.
I will have copies of the brand-spankin’-new, not-even-officially-released Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) in tow, draw sketches (for monies), and if my iPad has any juice in it, I’ll show you some behind the scenes stuff from the Multiplex 10 short, too.
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)
- On the past, present, and future of Multiplex