Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #790: The Future Is Ours, Part Five
Hopefully you know who Sid Grauman is, but if you don’t, he built LA’s Million Dollar Theatre, Grauman’s Egyptian Theatre, and Grauman’s Chinese Theater (recently renamed the TCL Chinese Theatre for stupid reasons) and received an honorary Oscar in 1949 for “raising the standard for film exhibition.” (That was a little more self-congratulatory than most Academy Awards, since he was one of the 36 co-founders of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, as well. Anyway. He was a bigwig in movie theater exhibition. Joke = explained/killed.
An earlier version of that line referred to “Quentin Fucking Tarantino,” but I thought more of you would have heard of Sid Grauman than would know that Tarantino owns the New Beverly Cinema. (Also, it would imply that Tarantino is more involved than he probably is.)
How much Multiplex can you handle?!
In addition to the warm, soothing feeling of being a patron of the fine art of comic strippery, Patrons get access to free Multiplex eBooks, sneak previews of upcoming comics and other behind the scenes peeks, sketch giveaways, and more!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
I know I don’t usually post stuff like this here, but I was so amazed by this major NASA announcement yesterday. Check it out!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex Movie Review: The Island (2005)
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transf4mers: Extinction of Ultron
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers something something… the third one, anyway
- Multiplex Movie Review: Ex Machina
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Multiplex Movie Review: Transformers (2007)
- Multiplex: The Revenge pre-orders are OPEN
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys II
- The Multiplex: The Revenge Kickstarter ends at 9PM Central!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Bad Boys