Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #790: The Future Is Ours, Part Five
Hopefully you know who Sid Grauman is, but if you don’t, he built LA’s Million Dollar Theatre, Grauman’s Egyptian Theatre, and Grauman’s Chinese Theater (recently renamed the TCL Chinese Theatre for stupid reasons) and received an honorary Oscar in 1949 for “raising the standard for film exhibition.” (That was a little more self-congratulatory than most Academy Awards, since he was one of the 36 co-founders of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, as well. Anyway. He was a bigwig in movie theater exhibition. Joke = explained/killed.
An earlier version of that line referred to “Quentin Fucking Tarantino,” but I thought more of you would have heard of Sid Grauman than would know that Tarantino owns the New Beverly Cinema. (Also, it would imply that Tarantino is more involved than he probably is.)
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)