Notes from the Manager
Related Strips: #820: Moving On
I lied last week, I guess. This is sort of an epilogue to the last arc and a hint at Things To Come.
This is the first time it’s been mentioned in the strip, but those of you who pay attention to the Cast pages know that Feature Cinemas is the chain the Multiplex 10 belongs to. We’ll be meeting a lot more people from other theaters (and home office) in Book Seven.
See you later this week! I’m a little tied up with my summer assistantship to do three this week, I think — and I really need to finish off Book Two, which is so far behind schedule I hate myself. So it’ll probably be Thursday. Anyway, we’ll check back in with Kurt and Jason’s film series then.
UPDATE (7/3): With the upcoming iPhone app including Notes from the Managers, as well, I thought I should try to keep them a little more strip-centric from now on, so I’ve moved some paragraphs about my Amazon.com affiliate link woes over to a Deleted Scenes post. If you don’t get those in your RSS feed, update your address to the current Multiplex Complete RSS feed address!
For you website visitors (thank you for the ad revenue!), you’ll still be able to see me talk about irrelevant shit like that in Deleted Scenes posts right here on the front page of the website — it’ll just be a few inches lower: I’ve added the most recent Deleted Scenes post to the homepage, as well. (I’ve wanted to do that forever, but only recently learned how I could force the movie trailer embeds to fit within the smaller space on the homepage and not break the layout. Hooray for learning.)
The archive pages will still just have headlines, because I don’t like to slow down the page load times for you guys who go on long archive binges.
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)