Notes from the Manager
You'll notice two new buttons in the sidebar:
1) A mini-button for Is It Funny Today?, a new comics ranking website. Multiplex is listed with them as a story strip, so that question is really "Is It Good Today?" but whatever. Please vote there whenever you feel like it, and of course poke around their site, while you're at it; you're likely to find some great comics.
2) The return of the PayPal donation button, just in time for Christmas. ;) Multiplex pulls in a tidy sum from ad revenue, but if you're one of those types who has ad blocking software (kidding), or you just want to help me get closer to putting out the long overdue Multiplex eBook #2 (to say nothing of a print collection), it would be greatly appreciated. (Alternatively to simply making a donation, you can buy the first eBook in the Extras section and get a little something for your money.)
In other news, Trish and I are actively seeking a third co-blogger for Movie Make-out. If you want to get paid a pittance to write about movie news — not reviews, mind you — drop me a line and I'll send you the details. (If you've already sent in samples, don't worry; we're not going to settle on anybody until after the first of the year at the soonest. You're not out of the running yet.)
Stay warm out there, y'all. See you Thursday.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Sunday, March 29, 2015
I want to take a foray into electronic publishing.
I am looking for a (prose) writer to provide a short story, novella or non-fiction story that I will turn into an iBooks-formatted eBook for sale (in the iBookstore), released under my Chase Sequence publishing imprint. Chase Sequence published Multiplex: There and Back Again, which won the 2014 IPBA Gold Medal for Best Graphic Novel/Drawn Book–Humor/Cartoon, so technically it is an award-winning publisher.
There is no limitation with regard to genre, but I will say that my taste in prose leans strongly toward literary fiction and non-fiction, and toward characters, psychology, and well-written prose over plot. (Margaret Atwood is my favorite writer.)
What to Submit: A pitch for a 30+ page, prose short story/novella/non-fiction piece. No comics — no picture books. If you have already written the short story, great, but it must be previously unpublished. Please include links or URLs to a resumé and examples of previous published work would be helpful, to give me a feel for your voice.
Send questions (or submissions) to gordon at multiplexcomic.com.
The Terms: No money up front, but 50% of the cover price in exchange for one year of exclusivity (from the date of publication). The writer retains all other rights to their story. These will be sold via iBooks only (at least at first), which means that Apple will get 30% and I will get 20% for my contributions: I will edit the story; I will design and produce the eBook; I will illustrate a cover for it (or hire someone else to, if I’m not the best fit for the story); I will help promote it.
Please submit your pitch before April 30, 2015. I will notify the selected writer(s) I am interested in working with as soon as possible after that.
Other Recent Posts
- Leonard Nimoy (1931–2015)
- Cyber Monday is stupid, but the books are on sale, anyway!
- “Steeping” by Gordon McAlpin
- Come see me at ComfyCon 2014!
- The Multiplex Store is now powered by Stripe!
- Shut Up Already T-shirt now available! Also, the books are on sale!
- Review: Coherence (2013)
- Multiplex Store shipping rates have been reduced!
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer