Notes from the Manager
This is the first of two about/at the Patio Theatre.
The Patio Theatre is on the west side of Chicago, in Portage Park. It was built in 1927, seats 1500, and was only recently closed in 2001. Like many theaters in the '20s and '30s, its auditorium sports an "atmospheric" canopy, with twinkling stars and moving (projected?) clouds.
The Patio was featured as the "star" in a recent "Save These Theaters" feature at Forgotten Chicago (a truly fantastic resource for Chicagoans). Devi and Jason will undoubtedly visit the other two someday (but probably not too soon).
The nearby Portage Park Theatre was recently brought back to like (as the Portage Theater — and is the new home of the Silent Film Society. (Alas, these panels take too long for me to visit both this week. But someday, perhaps.)
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, July 1, 2017
Chapter 16 collects strips #339 –362 from the Multiplex archives, plus four bonus comics and one “extended scene” not found in the archives! Chapter 16 costs $1.99.
Supporting the Multiplex chapter eBooks helps make future Multiplex print collections possible. Thank you for your support!
Other Recent Posts
- Multiplex: The Revenge is now available!
- Multiplex Movie Review: Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex (2014)
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason