Notes from the Manager
This is the first of two about/at the Patio Theatre.
The Patio Theatre is on the west side of Chicago, in Portage Park. It was built in 1927, seats 1500, and was only recently closed in 2001. Like many theaters in the '20s and '30s, its auditorium sports an "atmospheric" canopy, with twinkling stars and moving (projected?) clouds.
The Patio was featured as the "star" in a recent "Save These Theaters" feature at Forgotten Chicago (a truly fantastic resource for Chicagoans). Devi and Jason will undoubtedly visit the other two someday (but probably not too soon).
The nearby Portage Park Theatre was recently brought back to like (as the Portage Theater — and is the new home of the Silent Film Society. (Alas, these panels take too long for me to visit both this week. But someday, perhaps.)
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Monday, July 7, 2014
The second trailer for David Fincher’s Gone Girl is pretty damned great:
Gone Girl opens on October 3, 2014.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3
- Trailer Watch: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes final trailer
- Trailer Watch: Guardians of the Galaxy UK trailer