Notes from the Manager
This is the first of a short arc featuring Devi and Jason, finishing off the current chapter — and Book 4, as well.
They are at the Davis Theater in Chicago this time around. You can see a few photos of the inside and out on my Flickr page (here's the photo I used for the big panel — don't give me grief for taking a few minor liberties with things like the lamp post and the lack of trash receptacle in front, please). You can read a bit about its history at Cinema Treasures, as well as this recent article at The Center Square Ledger (which happened to use a couple of my photos).
Some of you OCD fans will notice that the current chapter is now chapter 20, not 21; this is because I reorganized the strips in Book 2 to make it 5 chapters instead of 6. Some of the chapters were much too slim; I'd have felt bad (eventually) selling an eBook that was less than 24 pages long. (It's safe to say that until an eBook of a chapter is released, the actual strips included in each chapter may change, but the starting and stopping points for each book are, I think, pretty firm.)
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)