Notes from the Manager
This is the first of a short arc featuring Devi and Jason, finishing off the current chapter — and Book 4, as well.
They are at the Davis Theater in Chicago this time around. You can see a few photos of the inside and out on my Flickr page (here's the photo I used for the big panel — don't give me grief for taking a few minor liberties with things like the lamp post and the lack of trash receptacle in front, please). You can read a bit about its history at Cinema Treasures, as well as this recent article at The Center Square Ledger (which happened to use a couple of my photos).
Some of you OCD fans will notice that the current chapter is now chapter 20, not 21; this is because I reorganized the strips in Book 2 to make it 5 chapters instead of 6. Some of the chapters were much too slim; I'd have felt bad (eventually) selling an eBook that was less than 24 pages long. (It's safe to say that until an eBook of a chapter is released, the actual strips included in each chapter may change, but the starting and stopping points for each book are, I think, pretty firm.)
Multiplex News & Updates
Bonus comics, drawings, and
other awesome stuff
Saturday, May 27, 2017
Hello, Multiplex readers!
A quick update on what’s going on with everything Multiplex-related:
- The storyboards for the Multiplex 10 animated short are DONE. Rough, but done. Pre-production continues for the next few weeks with the construction/editing/etc. of the first rough animatic and design/illustration work.
- Although the Kickstarter project has ended, you can still support the project (or my comics work) by becoming a Patreon patron or making a one-time PayPal donation.
- Multiplex: The Revenge (Book Three) is being shipped out to Kickstarter backers and will be available for purchase to everyone else on June 14th — as will the Multiplex mini-posters set.
- I will be at Wizard World Philadelphia (Friday–Sunday only) with copies of Book Three, so if you’re in that neck of the woods, you can get it a little early. :)
- Multiplex Movie Reviews like this one, bonus comics from Multiplex: The Best Laid Plans (Book Four), and other stuff are being exclusively posted to Patreon a couple of times a week. Er, except for this one, obviously.
Other Recent Posts
- Come meet me at Wizard World Philadelphia (June 2–4 only)
- Multiplex 10: the animated short is now (officially) in pre-production
- Multiplex 10: the comic book?! (addition to the $20k stretch goal)
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter project ends in THREE DAYS
- The Multiplex 10 Kickstarter has SIX DAYS TO GO
- Multiplex 10: Good Talk
- Multiplex 10: Hyrule Isn’t Going to Save Itself
- Say hello to Kurt and Jason
- Multiplex Movie Review milestone goal: Jason reviews every Harry Potter movie
- Multiplex Movie Review: Primer (2004)