Notes from the Manager
Jason and Devi are at the Logan Theatre, in Chicago's Logan Square neighborhood. It was opened in 1915 with a single auditorium, and — like the Davis Theater — cut into four screens back in the '70s. I'm not sure how the auditoriums look, but I'd guess they are about the same as the Davis's. (In its day, it seated just under 1000 people — compared to the Davis's 1500 or so.)
The Logan Theatre is — as of this writing — the last theater in the Chicago area showing How to Train Your Dragon (and in 2D, of course). It may actually be gone as of today. (This strip took place last week.) Last week, I spoke with a very friendly manager at the Logan, and he said that it might be its final week at the theater — after a very strong two month run.
You can see a double-sized version of panel 1 by voting at TopWebComics! You can look at some photos I took of the Logan Theatre on my Flickr page, as well.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Monday, July 7, 2014
The second trailer for David Fincher’s Gone Girl is pretty damned great:
Gone Girl opens on October 3, 2014.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3
- Trailer Watch: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes final trailer
- Trailer Watch: Guardians of the Galaxy UK trailer