Notes from the Manager
I have to give a bit of credit to a guy I don’t know for Kurt’s description of John Powell's How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack as “Titanic and Braveheart having a baby.” A friend of reader Kyle Theaker’s apparently described the track “Romantic Flight” from that soundtrack as being as if “Titanic and Lord of the Rings had a baby in heaven,” which somehow made sense to me.
The Scottish accents in the Dragon score called Howard Shore’s Braveheart soundtrack to my mind a little more, though. Unsurprisingly, I own the Braveheart soundtrack, and listened to it constantly in college. I’m a fairly big movie-music buff, though, so I own a lot of soundtracks, even for movies I’ve never seen. John Powell’s score for P.S. I Love You is gorgeous, for instance, but the movie looks like an abomination.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- A free eBook every month (or so)!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Monday, July 7, 2014
The second trailer for David Fincher’s Gone Girl is pretty damned great:
Gone Girl opens on October 3, 2014.
Join the Conversation
Other Recent Posts
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)
- Trailer Watch: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles trailer #3
- Trailer Watch: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes final trailer
- Trailer Watch: Guardians of the Galaxy UK trailer