Notes from the Manager
I have to give a bit of credit to a guy I don’t know for Kurt’s description of John Powell's How to Train Your Dragon soundtrack as “Titanic and Braveheart having a baby.” A friend of reader Kyle Theaker’s apparently described the track “Romantic Flight” from that soundtrack as being as if “Titanic and Lord of the Rings had a baby in heaven,” which somehow made sense to me.
The Scottish accents in the Dragon score called Howard Shore’s Braveheart soundtrack to my mind a little more, though. Unsurprisingly, I own the Braveheart soundtrack, and listened to it constantly in college. I’m a fairly big movie-music buff, though, so I own a lot of soundtracks, even for movies I’ve never seen. John Powell’s score for P.S. I Love You is gorgeous, for instance, but the movie looks like an abomination.
Become a Multiplex patron
Patron rewards include:
- Free eBooks!
- Multiplex Movie Reviews and other bonus comics
- Character doodles!
- Invites to Google Hangouts!
- Sneak peeks at early and in-progress strips and artwork!
- and MORE!
Deleted Scenes Blog
Bonus comics, drawings,
movie trailers and more
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
I just purchased a new shipping module for The Multiplex Store that gives me more flexibility in setting shipping and handling costs, so US customers will see much better rates on all (physical) items in the Multiplex Store. If any of you guys in the US balked at the shipping costs before, be sure to check them out now.
Books are $5 for the first one then $1.50 per additional book (rather than $5 per book), saving you $3.50 if you order two books. T-shirts are now $4 for the first shirt (any size) and $1.50 per additional shirt. And sketches and other artwork are also $4 for the first item, then $1 per additional item.
Rates for international customers are unchanged; I still use USPS First Class International’s rates as they are quoted by the USPS without any additional markup.
Now is as good as any to pick up that copy of Multiplex: There and Back Again!
Other Recent Posts
- Trailer Watch: The Theory of Everything trailer
- Trailer Watch: Mad Max: Fury Road Comic-Con First Look trailer
- Trailer Watch: Gone Girl trailer #2
- Somerville Theatre Midnight Specials film series
- Trailer Watch: Studio Ghibli’s When Marnie Was There teaser trailer
- Trailer Watch: Bill Murray in St. Vincent
- Multiplex is now in Comic Chameleon!
- “Duet” by Glen Keane
- “The Gunfighter” by Eric Kissack and Kevin Tenglin
- Turtle Power (and other things)